Overclockers UK App?

Where I don't see it?

The envelope? In the thread list view to the left of the thread title. Gray if theres no activity, yellow and open if there has been some activity, red and open if there has been a tonne of activity. Has a little dot on it if you've posted in that thread.

Click it and it will take you to your last viewed post/last unread.

There does appear to be an app for overclockers uk forums now, I was viewing it in chrome on my android phone and it offered an app which I downloaded. It’s pretty much the same as viewing it in chrome except it’s a separate app.

I suspect its probably just a PWA which is autogenerated by the forum software. These seem to be replacing 'save shortcut to home screen' more often on Android these days

Correct. It also has a couple of extra bits that generally just work a bit better than the browser alternatives, like left hand menu, offline connection handling, alerts count displayed on the app icon, and pull to refresh.

Also makes multi-tab/app switching easier as it shows as its own app.

I
Where does it ask you? I get nothing. Sad times

Click the menu on mobile “top left hamburger menu” > then right at the bottom it will say “install the app”. That’s the manual way of the browser supports it. It’s just a PWA. Not an app as such.

It’s just a shortcut and can go full screen so it feels like an app.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom