1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking guide for newbies here...

Discussion in 'OC Archive' started by NF7-S, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Rokusho

Gangster

Mabey we can have this guide rewritten to contain all of these new points and make it more modern

Then make the thread locked so people cant add to, the'll have to E-Mail the creator to get adjustments made as it is a real pain going through all of the posts to pick up on a lot of the points and what has been said.

2. Ish

Wise Guy

just been going through this guide and it could do with tidying up to make it easier to read :cool:

3. Shackley

Banned

Is there any chance that this guide could be updated / rationalised by someone 'who knows'?

Cetainly, much as I would love to, I can't do it, I simply don't know enough. However, I do think that it would be even more useful if it was brought up-to-date.

4. NF7-S

Soldato

Well to be honest, I've been 'out of the loop' for too long - but I'm more than happy to take suggestions for what the text should read and then make the changes...I don't mind either way, I'm just pleased so many found it useful :cool:

5. celliott

Mobster

Just read on another site that I should lower the HhyperTransport to 800 before trying any overclocks yet I have found a stable overclock with these settings:

Clock: 2.5GHz
    Memory: 5:3 Divider - Ram is at 208mhz or so
    HTT: 227
    Hypertransport: 1000

Is this OK or am I suppost to lower the hypertransport?

This is a 3500+ Athlon64

6. BloodWolf

PermaBanned

I feel like a noob.. I find it hard to follow this. xD