Overkill's The Walking Dead

Associate
OP
I can probably see it becoming a microtransaction driven game to be honest which isn't the best thing however I am looking forward to seeing some more gameplay. The VR trailer/ playable demo that they've been showcasing around the US and stuff looks kind of poor but I've only seen the one video so I can't really judge it in it's current state.

Soldato
Same as other people; I was interested in a Walking Dead game made by Overkill, but with the constant stream of pointless DLC and additions to PD2, can't say I'm too enthusiastic about it any more; and then came micro transactions... It's a shame they went down that road. :(

Soldato
Well, seeing as Valve won't make L4D3 (or any other game it seems), this will have to do. Although I'm highly doubtful this won't be riddled with microtransactions, loot crates etc etc.

Worth keeping an eye on GTFO too, by the way.

Soldato
Same as other people; I was interested in a Walking Dead game made by Overkill, but with the constant stream of pointless DLC and additions to PD2, can't say I'm too enthusiastic about it any more; and then came micro transactions... It's a shame they went down that road. :(
This. Was a massive fan of PD2, and have put a ton of hours into the game. The constant stream of dlc and new pointless characters (post John wick) just ruined it.

Fyi there's a title coming out next year called GTFO with music from Simon Viklaund. It seems like Payday in space!

Soldato
This is probably the game I'm most looking forward to seeing more of from E3.

I really miss playing Left4Dead and although this isn't exactly the same I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Soldato
Same if I'm honest, gameplay nowhere near as smooth as something like Dying Light and from performance point of view, it seemed quite jerky? Only thing it has going for it so far is a decent developer.

Soldato
Yeah, not hugely impressed with that, although being played on a console (badly) rather than with KB+M always makes FPS gameplay look jerky, imo. Interesting that the four characters play differently to each other... In theory, it should mean a more thoughtful, practical approach is needed to progress. In reality, it'll probably just mean more rows over who gets to be character X, Y or Z. :o

Back
Top Bottom