Overused movie sound effect

Soldato
In all honesty, I really don't watch many movies at all, certainly not compared to many people. I haven't even seen dark knight rises yet or Ironman 2, to name only two blockbusters on my to see list. And yes, I think it's an awesome sound, but still overused. I cant imagine another sound in it's place though that would be as good.

Cool.

Maybe a bass rise instead of a bass drop. Or an all round bass sweep. It's going to be a tough one to replace.

Soldato
The DooM Zombieman death sound is in David Cronenberg's NAKED LUNCH, the scene is at the cafe where Bill Lee meets Mr & Mrs Frost, the camera is panning right to left and out of nowhere comes the "Eeuurr" sound, I think they were intending it to sound like a camel, it didn't fool me.

Soldato
There's a scream from timesplitters (Not sure if that's where it's original from) that's used in loads of stuff too.

Is this the one because i know i've heard it in a bunch of stuff?

Im pretty sure the old red alert tesla coil sound has been used everywhere.

Others i often notice are, wilhelm, melon squish, kids laugh, door creek, car skid, there's probably a few others as well.

Soldato
Most overused sounds have gotta be the computer that beeps with every command and even beeps whilst the graphics on the screen are changing, such as zooming into a map from satelite The other overused sound effect is rows of factory lights that make a firm thud when switched on.

Back
Top Bottom