Overwatch

Soldato
Is it worth playing competitive in off-season?
I played a couple of games earlier it was fun and it gave me chance to practice some Winston attack and Torbjon defence without ranking down.

Edit: Just to add I played a few more games and there is no rage quit punishment right now so high chance of quiters.

Last edited:
Associate
haha - more fun in 4 games of brawl than I did in most of the comp season 3!!!

The 5 reinhadrt/1 lucio match up is hilarious!!
Brawls are fun for with the set match-ups

The No limits mode in arcade can also be the same with silly lineups. I've came up against things like a team of 6 bastions on defence before lol

-----------------------------

Also Season 4 starts on Feb 28th at 4pm PST so midnight for us.

Associate
Didn't start my placements but watched a lot of streams and dear god this bastion meta is so boring lol.

90 percent of games had a bastion in it that was being baby sat by the rest of the team or the new defence meta of, bastion, the viking, symetra, rein, mercy and ana :( it was sooooooo boring ZZZzzzz

If you thought 3 tanks meta was boring you are going to find this worse :(

Soldato
haha - more fun in 4 games of brawl than I did in most of the comp season 3!!!

The 5 reinhadrt/1 lucio match up is hilarious!!
I had one of those the week before last. It was absolute chaos and easily one of the most fun games I've had in Overwatch. Sadly, despite trying for hours, I've never had another one since. Sick of Roadhog and Lucio on Ilios!

Soldato
Didn't start my placements but watched a lot of streams and dear god this bastion meta is so boring lol.

90 percent of games had a bastion in it that was being baby sat by the rest of the team or the new defence meta of, bastion, the viking, symetra, rein, mercy and ana :( it was sooooooo boring ZZZzzzz

If you thought 3 tanks meta was boring you are going to find this worse :(

What changes have they done to bastion? I have had 5 games so far bastion was on the other team 3 of them.

Soldato
I don't know how Bastion has made it into live in his current state, I played him for about an hour in quick match and dominated on him regardless of the map or whether it was attack or defense. My current main is Soldier 76 but it feels stupid picking him when Bastion is in the state he's in. Blizzard have a history of putting overpowered heroes into live games, they seem really bad at balancing, whether it was WoW PvP, Pve, Heroes of the Storm, the list goes on.

I haz 4090!
Don
I hate placement matches. Playing as Mercy you're just at the whim of other people being able to hit what they're aiming at whilst you keep them up. Not having much luck in that department so far.

I haz 4090!
Don
The last two games I had last night were made up of those nightmare people that run off and do their own thing, die, respawn, and do the same, trickling in one at a time. I wonder why some people bother playing competitive.

Soldato
4 games in to placements, 2 wins, 2 draws for me so far

Decided pretty much to Mercy/Sym this season as much as possible. Happy to fill if needed, but they are my best over the last 3 seasons.

I REALLY wish they would implement some kind of "channel" option like in HOTS, to allow you to join. I.e Setup and OcUK channel and you could easily see who's online etc - I have loads of "friends" on my list but don't know 80% of them - really need to trim that down.

Anyway we could have a google spreadsheet with players from OcUK names/battletags on??? Would that help??

Soldato
I REALLY wish they would implement some kind of "channel" option like in HOTS, to allow you to join. I.e Setup and OcUK channel and you could easily see who's online etc - I have loads of "friends" on my list but don't know 80% of them - really need to trim that down.

Anyway we could have a google spreadsheet with players from OcUK names/battletags on??? Would that help??

That's what discord is for

Someone just needs to make an ocuk OW discord but I'm lazy

Soldato
So disappointed that they haven't made any real changes to the ranking and matchmaking... almost can't be arsed to grind through another set of placements just to end up the same rank as always then grind through the season just to stay around that rank again

Soldato
So disappointed that they haven't made any real changes to the ranking and matchmaking... almost can't be arsed to grind through another set of placements just to end up the same rank as always then grind through the season just to stay around that rank again

What do you expect lol. That's how every matchmaking works. You won't get higher rank until you get better and earn it

My other account got placed 2400 after placements so if anyone wants to play add me. Scotteh#21155

Soldato
Lol - 4 wins, 4 losses and 2 draws......1811 placement............

Bastion is very broken at the moment - way to OP - as above - last 4 games it was Rein, Mercy, Ana, Bastion just camped on the payload.

I haz 4090!
Don
Let's sort out a group of us lot to hop on and play some rounds. I had similar to you booyaka but I got 800 something - 600 less than I was at after playing for a fortnight last season. Pretty gutted - I'm better than than :D

Back
Top Bottom