Overwatch

Soldato
Indeed - good games last night - creeping back up nicely at the moment back over 2400 now after starting the season at 1700.

SO much better as a 4/5/6 man team. Solo que is so random.....

Soldato
People generally don't hang out in the voice channels on discord. That's the good thing about having chat and voice channels. It's not like teamspeak where you have to be a in a voice channel to anything. You arrange stuff in the chat then jump in voice whenever you want. Personally I don't like hanging around in voice channels, I'd rather sit in the text channel until something is arranged.

Also, I'm back from London so I'm around to play.

Associate
3ObIJeF.jpg

New Season stats

Playing a mix of mostly DVa, Bastion and Soldier

Average 100SR gains a day

Start ~700
Current 1567

UWdAPGU.jpg

Disabled Vsync and all of a suddenly I'm a much better player :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone up for playing overwatch? I just tried discord for first time not sure if im doing it right but couldn't see anyone else on overwatch right now. I'm around 2300 right now (I got to 3000 last season).

Soldato
Anyone up for playing overwatch? I just tried discord for first time not sure if im doing it right but couldn't see anyone else on overwatch right now. I'm around 2300 right now (I got to 3000 last season).

You just sorta leave it open and wait for notifications (i.e people type in #overwatch) There's not many OW players on this forum so the channel isn't particularly active. It's mostly just used as a way of saying "hey I'm here anyone want to play right now" type thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe if you were in Discord you would have joined out group last night when we were asking and you were playing? It certainly is better to play in a group. We lost the first quite badly, but then changed a few things up and had a couple of decent wins.

Soldato
One win after one loss for me with OCUK folk early evening yesterday.

In the loss, I was awful (ended up as Roadhog - I suppose it could have been a lot worse) - but I never did say I was any good. I always seem to be playing characters I'm not that experienced with, to help team balance - it just means I'm rubbish :D

Associate
I don't get me wrong, I still completely love the game.

But part of me is kind of like... what is the 'point' of ranked matches, haha. I actually just more enjoy a serious and challenging match, I'm not too fussed about the random number that goes up or down. Managed to get around 2700 last season, now about 2450 I think... but whats the point trying to get higher? :D

Soldato
One win after one loss for me with OCUK folk early evening yesterday.

In the loss, I was awful (ended up as Roadhog - I suppose it could have been a lot worse) - but I never did say I was any good. I always seem to be playing characters I'm not that experienced with, to help team balance - it just means I'm rubbish :D

This is the whole point about playing in a team and communicating. If someone has already picked your best character and asks you to play another roll just say. It's better for the team if every one plays someone they are good with as long as it ends up something towards the meta.
You should try to get proficient with at least 1 character from each class though so swaps
can be made.

Soldato
Ah, but you're assuming that because I'm experienced with some characters that means I'll be any use with them - Roadhog is one of my top five most played characters and I was still pants! :D I was more trying to warn people not to expect too much!

As for ranking, the only reason I go into competitive beyond the placing matches is with the OCUK people - because it's fun to try and feel organised for once.

Associate
made it to diamond wooo the soldier solo train still fairing me well, do need to practice mcree though since apparently every diamond and high plat pairing i get with struggles with tracer.. Phar mercy is very strong atm too

Jumped on the soldier solo train yesterday and went from silver to gold, I'll stay on until it stops working! 7 or 8 wins in a row with no leavers and a differnt team each game.

Soldato
Yeah placement was crazy think i had 7 wins and got 1750. Slowly working my way up after a couple of days of really bad teams, all the people i played with in the last 2 seasons have disappeared so slowly adding current players i meet so getting some teamplay going.

Back
Top Bottom