Overwatch

Soldato
:D

That's the thing there seems to be a counter to everything which I like.

Although I have found one rather OP tactic of just sitting on the payload in turret mode with a shield guy protecting me. Managed to rack up 46 kills in a straight run :D.

Snipers kill sentries in 2 shots quicker than junkrat

Associate
Game is great so incredibly polished and works so bloody well. Also Reinhardt if supported corrected is just OP.....

he's great, but I feel people don't know what to do a lot of the time.
some games when I played him I tried to push but I always ended up on my own with the other team members just staying behind :(

p.s. also wish there was a way to share your highlights :cool:

Soldato
Game is great so incredibly polished and works so bloody well. Also Reinhardt if supported corrected is just OP.....

also winston can be very op if played correctly his more of a disruption with soo much health with ult you take all the fire then jump away and their vulnerable. :)

Soldato
The game is incredibly well polished. It runs excellently even on my fairly old card (7950). I am on high at 1440p with a solid 85fps.

As for the game itself after putting in some more time last night, its fun to try out the characters etc but its never going to be really 'competitive' its just not that skillful. Characters with lockon abilities and fire and forget moves abound. If you like tf2 i think you will like this, its very similar.

Associate
I got a friend code on Monday in order to try this out and I have to say, in the space of about 2 hours I've gone from "this is alright" to "this is brilliant". It was enough that I have now put in my pre-order for this :D

Soldato
Was round a buddies yesterday and watched him play a game. it looks so much fun, like a better TF2, sadly i'm not here at the weekend to play the open beta.

Will definitely be buying this when it's out :D

Soldato
The game is incredibly well polished. It runs excellently even on my fairly old card (7950). I am on high at 1440p with a solid 85fps.

As for the game itself after putting in some more time last night, its fun to try out the characters etc but its never going to be really 'competitive' its just not that skillful. Characters with lockon abilities and fire and forget moves abound. If you like tf2 i think you will like this, its very similar.

if you think some chracters are skillless you not played this gam enough

they all require skill even soilder 76. but Different levels.

for example

High skill cap to play effectively (can destory all 6 players with ease if played correctly)
Tracer
Genji
Reaper
Symmetra
Lucio
Zenyatta

Medium Skill cap - Much easier to destory half+ team
Mccre
Phrah
Hanzo
Torbjorn
D.VA
Reinhardt
RoadHog
Winston
Zarya

Low skill cap (Pretty easily wipe a team)
Windowmaker
Bastion
Junkrat
Soilder 76

but the skill is in when to use your alblities/positioning /Teamwork not aiming. simples.

any medium/high wskill level chracter can destory soilder 76 with ease. i mean EASE

example you can dodge soilder and mcree uit by going behind a wall. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah i think its just a case of taking a bit of time to learn the characters and maps and abilities etc.

I really enjoyed what I played last night! And cant wait to get back on for some more (although i have football tonight ..)

Soldato
if you think some chracters are skillless you not played this gam enough

they all require skill even soilder 76. but Different levels.

*snip*

but the skill is in when to use your alblities/positioning /Teamwork not aiming. simples.

*snip*

Sorry obviously there is some degree of skill to pretty much any game as in someone terrible will lose to someone with a brain. I did actually mean more in the aiming/speed sense. This maybe takes the same skill that a game like dota does aka using abilities at the right time.

Not so much arena fps skills. Will be giving it more of a play over the next few days anyway before i decide whether to cancel my pre-order or not. Try out some of the other characters etc. Games gonna be a success though, they have done a great job for the crowd that it is targetting.

Soldato
Sorry obviously there is some degree of skill to pretty much any game as in someone terrible will lose to someone with a brain. I did actually mean more in the aiming/speed sense. This maybe takes the same skill that a game like dota does aka using abilities at the right time.

Not so much arena fps skills. Will be giving it more of a play over the next few days anyway before i decide whether to cancel my pre-order or not. Try out some of the other characters etc. Games gonna be a success though, they have done a great job for the crowd that it is targetting.

its a TF2 clone, so no it wont be like UT/Qauke

but TF2 as a MASSIVE esport :)

Associate
I'm loving this so far as well.

There's too many heroes I want to play, D.Va, Bastion, Torbjorn, Pharah, Winston... but I ended up playing most of last as Mei. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom