Overwatch

Soldato
Installed the Beta this morning, sadly only had time to do the tutorial before I had to go to work (it hurts!!!)

Looking forward to having a bash this evening and then more over the weekend. I'm guessing like with their other titles it's pretty much only available through Battle.net? So £45... could be worth it, we'll have to see

The talk about switching classes to counter sounds a lot like TF2 so I think I shouldn't have a problem there... (Plenty of TF2 games where one team just don't "get it" and sit there with 5 spies and 6 snipers and then wonder why they aren't getting on so well)

Soldato
Is the general consensus that this new IP could run successfully for a few years? Blizzard are very good at keeping their products going.

Edit - what I'm trying to ask is whether the game looks good enough to be a keeper or whether it'll get boring after a few weeks.

Soldato
Installed the Beta this morning, sadly only had time to do the tutorial before I had to go to work (it hurts!!!)

Looking forward to having a bash this evening and then more over the weekend. I'm guessing like with their other titles it's pretty much only available through Battle.net? So £45... could be worth it, we'll have to see

The talk about switching classes to counter sounds a lot like TF2 so I think I shouldn't have a problem there... (Plenty of TF2 games where one team just don't "get it" and sit there with 5 spies and 6 snipers and then wonder why they aren't getting on so well)

If you don't like to trust key sites with your battlenet purchases (no reason not to i have sc2 and diablo expansions from one) you can also buy from the rainforest or high street game shop. Its 35.99 for the origins edition from those places so saves you a tenner.

Associate
So how long do I have to wait for people to start playing objective gaming rather than deathmatch?

I don't think we're going to see much of a difference in beta. There might be a lot of players just treating it as a demo and messing around.

And even when the game's released that's probably not going to change until there's ranked play unfortunately.

Associate
They took out ranked play?

Jeff Kaplan said:
We worked extremely hard to get Competitive Play in the game for Closed Beta. We’ve been reading feedback from the community and taking it all to heart. As a result, we’ve temporarily disabled Competitive Play for Open Beta so that we can rework the system and make it better.

Our plan is to bring back a newly re-designed version of Competitive Play sometime after Overwatch launches.

:(

Source - http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20743634851

Associate
Have this pre-ordered, but can't decide if I want to play the beta or keep it as a totally fresh experience for when it is released in a couple of weeks time. Game looks like so much fun.

Back
Top Bottom