Overwatch

Soldato
Have this pre-ordered, but can't decide if I want to play the beta or keep it as a totally fresh experience for when it is released in a couple of weeks time. Game looks like so much fun.

I'd strongly suggest playing it. Tactically, you won't get an advantage simply due to no upgrades, only skins. And you can sample heroes. Which people can do when the game comes out.

I'd play early simply as it's just good fun. No point in denying your self that.

Associate
It's fun for sure, but my beta download must be bugged.

Everyone else seems to have a Team Deathmatch splash screen at the start, and not an objective-based one, like mine. :mad:

Soldato
If it's anything like TF2 then just find a group who want to play the objective and absolutely wreck face... That's how you "mold" the playerbase into not treating it as a straight deathmatch game over time

Soldato
Only thing irritating me are the people who think heroes might need balancing.

Yeah, every hero is great in the right hands. If someone is playing a hero incorrectly vrs someone who is playing a hero correctly, they'll claim a balance is needed.

Soldato
I find it funny the amount of people who whine in the chat about "So no-one is a healer then? Noobs!" meanwhile they are the 3rd Soldier 76 on defence or some such nonsense.

Everyone has the ability to switch hero, if it means that much to you, press H and do it yourself there champ.

Soldato
For public matches having a bastion, reinhardt and a healer is insta win. Not seen the combo lose.

Also of course heroes need balancing, they will constantly need balancing like in every game like this, as they're far from perfect currently.

To be fair I've wiped out a fair few of that setup playing the missile woman.

One strat we played with was 2 healers, 2 tanks and 2 bastions. Shields kept swapping out when down.

They couldn't get out of spawn :D.

Soldato
To be fair I've wiped out a fair few of that setup playing the missile woman.

One strat we played with was 2 healers, 2 tanks and 2 bastions. Shields kept swapping out when down.

They couldn't get out of spawn :D.

Personally though i dont see the fun in that? It's what will bring this game down if people dont try and counter such picks which knowing how pub games go they wont.

Soldato
Just had a look at Overwatch beta and my initial impression was that TTK is insanely low. Gameplay seems focused on learning each Hero's main method for cheesy kills and rinse and repeat, respawning if someone pulls theirs off on you first. I guess because it's open beta everyone is just playing it like a death match which doesn't help, but gameplay seems somewhat aimed at the attention deficient.

Soldato
The ping is pretty high in this game 110ms

Anyone else have same problem?

In other games im normally below 20

Edit: seems to have sorted it self out it running under 20 now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom