Overwatch

Associate
Maybe the best MP shooter I've played since TF2. Characters seem interesting, weapons and special abilities are fun and learning how to best combine them with team mates is great.
Map design is on point, they look great, offer plenty of routes and verticality for characters able to use it.

To my tastes it's exactly the sort of mp experience I really enjoy. The biggest surprise for me is that someone other than Valve have made what feels like a perfect sequel to TF2.

Associate
Played a couple of games, lost both so far. But I did find it to be a lot of fun, the art style is really nice as well spent a fair bit of time nosing around. Glad I preordered this, feels like a game I really get into.

Associate

Thanks didn't know that, not actually played competitive just watched a bunch of streamers who mostly seemed to like it.

Would love this to replace CS:GO as the goto-game for lunch at work but no OSX support will effectively prevent that and the guys with windows laptops were not much better off, iGPUs not really up to it! 720p with 50% scaling and it made me nauseous, hope to enjoy it better on a real computer tonight :)

Soldato
I'm enjoying it a lot. Got some good highlights racked up already and some favourite characters too. It does feel like a TF2 knock off, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

One thing I couldn't figure out: what's that bar beneath your avatar that fills up and makes your avatar go on fire?

Soldato
I'm enjoying it a lot. Got some good highlights racked up already and some favourite characters too. It does feel like a TF2 knock off, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

One thing I couldn't figure out: what's that bar beneath your avatar that fills up and makes your avatar go on fire?

I think it's just showing that you're playing really well, I don't believe it has any other benefit, when you get to a certain threshold your portrait has flames behind it for everyone to see.

I am loving the game, it's everything I wanted and more, just an updated TF2.

When I was looking at the game before I played I thought I'd play Widowmaker, tracer and Genji the most, but find myself gravitating towards roadhog, lucio and junkrat.

Caporegime
Bastion is just stupid, deploys instantly, does a billion damage a second.

Most games just seem to revolve around camping, at the moment I spend more time walking from the spawn point than fighting.

Lukewarm reaction. Too shallow imo. Cannot see the longevity in this, unless they have some roadmap planned out for potential future updates? Severely lacking modes n' maps. Current ones are weirdly designed, too "choke-point-y", and usually end up with players clashing around the objective with lack of co-ordination.

I feel like I've experience everything there is to see. I know you could argue you need time to "get good" at the heroes, but my problem is that the game doesn't really encourage that kind of play. Instead of picking a handful of heroes to "main", most of the time I'm force to counter-play based on the enemies choices, or my current team.

All moves to quickly. Not in terms of gameplay (if anything things need to be sped up :D), but matches are over way too quickly, and I'm shuttled over to the next match before I even really get any time to get comfortable. Trying to avoid comparisons to TF2, but I loved that game 'cause sometimes you'd have real 20+ minute struggles where you felt like you we're actually making a significant impact depending on you and your teams actions. Overwatch just feels like a meat grinder most of the time.

I love the heroes though, especially the more offensive ones which really suit my style of play (...Tracer :D)

EDIT: Actually the only hero design I'm not personally fond of is Zarya. The hair cut n' colour feels so forced, and none of the alternative skins change it.

Last edited:
Associate
Lukewarm reaction. Too shallow imo. Cannot see the longevity in this, unless they have some roadmap planned out for potential future updates? Severely lacking modes n' maps. Current ones are weirdly designed, too "choke-point-y", and usually end up with players clashing around the objective with lack of co-ordination.

I feel like I've experience everything there is to see. I know you could argue you need time to "get good" at the heroes, but my problem is that the game doesn't really encourage that kind of play. Instead of picking a handful of heroes to "main", most of the time I'm force to counter-play based on the enemies choices, or my current team.

All moves to quickly. Not in terms of gameplay (if anything things need to be sped up :D), but matches are over way too quickly, and I'm shuttled over to the next match before I even really get any time to get comfortable. Trying to avoid comparisons to TF2, but I loved that game 'cause sometimes you'd have real 20+ minute struggles where you felt like you we're actually making a significant impact depending on you and your teams actions. Overwatch just feels like a meat grinder most of the time.

I love the heroes though, especially the more offensive ones which really suit my style of play (...Tracer :D)

no one can design like valve, this game is beautiful but it need more work and more balanced characters

Soldato
no one can design like valve, this game is beautiful but it need more work and more balanced characters

Every hero is balanced you just don't realise it yet

Even BASTION. Windowmaker shoulder 76 tracer are all good counters

As for content more heroes are being worked on and more maps tooo but won't be realised until after launch as they want to get launch right
As above they are balanced and choke points can be avoided use the right hero and ability for the job

Soldato

Most games just seem to revolve around camping, at the moment I spend more time walking from the spawn point than fighting.

Bastion is easily countered by snipers as he can't move when deployed . And he doesn't deploy that quickly. And his normal primary has terrible ranged accuracy.

Soldato
Was just coming in here to post something about what's being discussed above...

My initial impressions are it seems fun and has lots of potential... most of the games I've had so far do seem to suffer from something early TF2 had as well - a lot of players (me included) not really knowing what to do, the map layouts etc, how to best use the hero abilities and what counters what... Meaning in almost every game it was a complete stomp from whichever side happened to have one or two players who had slightly more of a clue what was going on, or who had happened to accidentally pick better counter-heroes

Early days yet though...

Soldato
Fun game so far, just getting used to the characters and what they do although preferring the supports at the moment.

Zenyetta could do with a bit more health though and his orbs going off after a couple of seconds when out of line of sight is annoying. Love Mercy, very "Medic" from TF2 with some a great escape and her ultimate is so clutch at times. Symmetra seems great on defense but bad on offense. I'm not really sure why she is a support class though, she should really be defense.

Soldato
I played a few games last night. It's a bit cartoony for my liking but still quite pretty and designed to run smoothly on a variety of hardware. Not really played anything like enough to get a good handle on it so I'll give it another go tonight.

The last team based shooter I spent any time with was Wolf ET and I'm trying very hard to prevent rose tinted spectacles stopping my ability to get into Overwatch.

Soldato

Bastion counters:

Pharah, Junkrat, Genji, Mei, Snipers, Roadhog

Pharah can shoot him from long range, Junkrat you can grenade him from around corners, Genji reflects all the bullets back and kills him instantly, Mei puts a wall in front of him, Snipers snipe him out from long range, Roadhog hooks him out of his turret mode.

Soldato
Fun game so far, just getting used to the characters and what they do although preferring the supports at the moment.

Zenyetta could do with a bit more health though and his orbs going off after a couple of seconds when out of line of sight is annoying. Love Mercy, very "Medic" from TF2 with some a great escape and her ultimate is so clutch at times. Symmetra seems great on defense but bad on offense. I'm not really sure why she is a support class though, she should really be defense.

would kind of agree with your symmetra statement, but her ult is a teleport = support

zenyatta is Very balanced you get i think 30Health but the rest is all sheilds which regen ever so quicky (just hide in cover for x seconds) techincally you have infinite health as zenyatta

to play zenyatta effectively he needs to be with the team at all times his a support i would say attack only.

Orb
put your orb on the person tanking & switch it when periodically to other champs (bit like moonkin from WoW)

dis orb
put it on their windowmaker/bastion, then hide in cover hold right click & let her have all 5 = instant death

Left click
most people dont know use your left click to kill Snipers/bastion/turrets as their no limit to his range at all they will fly as long as they can

Use ult when team requires

:)

Soldato
Bastion counters:

Pharah, Junkrat, Genji, Mei, Snipers, Roadhog

Pharah can shoot him from long range, Junkrat you can grenade him from around corners, Genji reflects all the bullets back and kills him instantly, Mei puts a wall in front of him, Snipers snipe him out from long range, Roadhog hooks him out of his turret mode.

you forgot tracer triple dash in, put ult down rewind out

Back
Top Bottom