Overwatch

Soldato
I've not encountered many dodgy net-code issues, having a very low ping myself, but perhaps I've been lucky and not ended up connecting to anyone with a very high ping

The hitbox thing just confirms what I already thought - that aspect has clearly been balanced around console players who would rarely be able to land headshots with the snipers on their controllers otherwise... However didn't Blizzard say that they are planning to balance the console and PC versions of the game separately? In which case I could see them shrinking the hit-boxes on PC if it's what people want

Associate
that's also down to the terrible net coding - if you have a low ping you can be head shotted etc by someone with a high ping; the servers allow this.....its so damn annoying to die 3 seconds later when you're out of site of everyone because of net coding.....

I've seen this happen quite a bit in my killcams.

Associate
Quite stupid really, one of the few reasons Overwatch can't currently be taken seriously as a competitive game.

Disagree here,

Everyone is playing with the same advantages/disadvantages. I do agree it needs nerfing but it's a level playing field for Hanzo Vs Hanzo for example.

Soldato
Had a hilarious game yesterday. Jumped into a Quick Play expecting a usual loss because I seem to be paired with clowns most of the time. On this occasion though everyone had gone Winston! So I joined in and we ran amok on that Japanese map. Had a good laugh mass cattle prodding the enemy :)

Soldato
They introduced 60 tick rate servers. You have to setup a custom game and only 0.8% of players use them.

Yep, there are issues with the 60 up and down (compared to the current 60 up and 20 down that we have on quick match) servers though, they want more people to do custom games using the option so that they can fix all the issues.

They said that if they enabled the option right now 20% of people wouldn't be able to play at all.

I've heard people like Seagull saying that the 60 tick servers just crash half the time when you make it, so even comp games aren't necessarily using 60 tick atm.

Soldato
Had a hilarious game yesterday. Jumped into a Quick Play expecting a usual loss because I seem to be paired with clowns most of the time. On this occasion though everyone had gone Winston! So I joined in and we ran amok on that Japanese map. Had a good laugh mass cattle prodding the enemy :)

Had a game a week or 2 ago where the enemy team tried that on Route 66 (except 1 was Mercy).

Didn't work particularly well and they all swapped to something different by the time we started pushing to the final point.

What do people think about the new 'Random' brawl? Had a quick game last night... I'm undecided. Luck of the draw gave me Symmetra twice in a row on offence, and at 1 point the enemy team had 2 Pharah, a Junkrat, Mei, Soldier and Reinhardt, we had 2 Luccio. The self-heal and spam was unreal.

Soldato
Is there any benefit/reason for the voting for players at the end of the game?

I don't quite understand how people choose. Some guy had loads of self healing and got pretty much all of the votes, while I had the highest objective time (or something similar) and got nothing :(

Also, what is the point of the rating a game at the top too?

Soldato
Voting for players is supposed to be a way of acknowledging someone who played well, but in general people rarely vote for anyone not on their own team and there's no reward for doing it so a lot don't bother...

Rating the game I always figured was just for Blizz to use in their own statistics, e.g. "we found players rated 60% of games which had multiple of the same hero on one or the other team badly - do we need to consider restricting it to maximum of 1 hero per team" type of things...

Soldato
Is there any benefit/reason for the voting for players at the end of the game?

I don't quite understand how people choose. Some guy had loads of self healing and got pretty much all of the votes, while I had the highest objective time (or something similar) and got nothing :(

Also, what is the point of the rating a game at the top too?

In general I tend to always vote for anyone with healing (Not self healing) as healers are usually lacking in these kinds of games

Caporegime
I did get MvP last night with my first attempt at Zenyatta, he's actually pretty damn fun!

And a sweet play of the game with Phara on Route 66 when I got a quadra environmental kill with my E :D

I must say, I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would, given I'm not the biggest fan of FPS.

Associate
In general I tend to always vote for anyone with healing (Not self healing) as healers are usually lacking in these kinds of games

I'd vote for healer and tanks almost all the time, unless there was a particularly amazing play of the game and I was able to vote for them.

Soldato
I'd vote for healer and tanks almost all the time, unless there was a particularly amazing play of the game and I was able to vote for them.

I only ever vote for a healer that's on my team, when it isn't me, which most of the time it is, so I just don't bother voting in 90% of matches.

Back
Top Bottom