Ovivo gone forever

Soldato
Well, as I was planning on moving to Ovivo, they have shut up shop!

http://www.ovivomobile.com/

No real reasons on their website, only a form to get PAC codes.

Presumably we have a few people affected by this on here?

And I guess this leaves Giff Gaff as the cheapest PAYG network at the moment? That or the £15 Three deal

Soldato
Oh fudge nuts.

I cant make calls either. I had 16 quid or so credit too. Damn them, they should have given us notice and whats with them spouting about more free mins etc, surely they wouldnt have done that if they were going down soon.

Also how did this happen suddenly, where is some notice?

GRRR!!!

Man of Honour
Seems odd, only two weeks ago they where talking about expanding.
It also said due to reasons outside of our control.

They had less than 50,000 customers s, wonder if Vodafone pulled the plug or something.
It all seems a bit odd.
Will have to find another sim, for my backup phone.

Associate
From a quick search it looks like the Three Internet Essentials 200 is the cheapest comparative deal? £6.90 per month.

Anyone found anything cheaper?

I'm on the essentials 200 its pretty good. It used to be on mobiles.co.uk where i got it for £4.89 a month. Just checked for you but it seems they don't seem to be doing the deal anymore.

Associate
Ovivo going bust doesn't surprise me, the business model must have been burning cash to quickly and did not get enough subscribers and advertising content to make it sustainable for the long term. I suspect the creditors and backers must have pulled the funding as they couldn't see a return for their investment.

It will be missed as tried to be different from all the mobile providers.

Soldato
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjKnq7RtRv_sdDEyTkdIN1FCZ1RZUjdJTUdUV294bFE#gid=0

Best sim only deals there apparently. Was info from a hotukdeals page:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/best-sim-only-deals-megathread-1623625

Talk mobile 1 month for 200mins 500gb and 5000 txts for £7 a month seems best deal so far and uses O2 network which i was with before ovivo and they were fine but i was paying £12 a month for 2 years for a phone and 200min 200txts and 1gb net. £5 cashback with TCB apparently too.

Soldato
Ovivo going bust doesn't surprise me, the business model must have been burning cash to quickly and did not get enough subscribers and advertising content to make it sustainable for the long term. I suspect the creditors and backers must have pulled the funding as they couldn't see a return for their investment.

It will be missed as tried to be different from all the mobile providers.

Yeah I was thinking the same when I heard the news. Its a shame it didn't work out, but I'm not exactly surprised.

Soldato
Not surprising as it wasn't remotely sustainable, however it was rather disgusting of them to continue taking orders and suddenly mention their closure on the actual day.

Back
Top Bottom