Ozark - Netflix

Soldato
Also just finished season 3. Good show, not a patch on Breaking Bad but still thoroughly enjoyable. Have to give a mention to the second to last episode in season 3, the character who plays Ben, that's some of the finest acting I've seen in a long long time.

Soldato
Watched all of this recently and did enjoy it, although I agree with some of the other comments... annoying colour grading, some silly decisions from supposedly clever characters and I found it a little annoying that too often they find themselves in a pickle and they then just pay someone off and it's done.

Good show though and looking forward (hopefully) to a season 4.

Soldato
It had promise but the more it went on, the more messed around with it felt in an effort to put bums on seats.

Herein lies the problem with any successful series though - if something is popular then typically the makers want to string it out which in turn dilutes the storylines!

I am really enjoying Ozark so far and am looking forward to season 4 but I would prefer a series to have a defined series arc so it doesn't just seem like they are filling time until the ratings get it cancelled!

Soldato
Also just finished season 3. Good show, not a patch on Breaking Bad but still thoroughly enjoyable. Have to give a mention to the second to last episode in season 3, the character who plays Ben, that's some of the finest acting I've seen in a long long time.

Yea, they really went all in on getting the feels right up there for the inevitable. Room got quite dusty at some points, really irritates the eyes.

Associate
Ozark got me hooked, I think S4 will be a given.

I never watched Breaking Bad first time around, @e36Adz rates BB very highly over Ozark, useful opinion and a great benchmark, I really enjoyed Ozark so far.

I got to say BB has now piqued my interest as I was kind of indifferent at the time when everyone was raving. :)

Soldato
Ozark got me hooked, I think S4 will be a given.

I never watched Breaking Bad first time around, @e36Adz rates BB very highly over Ozark, useful opinion and a great benchmark, I really enjoyed Ozark so far.

I got to say BB has now piqued my interest as I was kind of indifferent at the time when everyone was raving. :)

When I initially tried BB I gave up after 1 episode. It was only later when it got more popular and I'd keep hearing about it that I thought I'd give it another try. The perfect opportunity came when I had a 9 hr flight. I cleared all season 1 on the flight and from there on it just got better and better. Its right up there for me, you're in for a treat.

Soldato
When I initially tried BB I gave up after 1 episode. It was only later when it got more popular and I'd keep hearing about it that I thought I'd give it another try. The perfect opportunity came when I had a 9 hr flight. I cleared all season 1 on the flight and from there on it just got better and better. Its right up there for me, you're in for a treat.

Almost identical for me. I watched 2 eps of BB and stopped, it didn't seem my thing. Then a new season of it started and everyone started raving again, so I went back and tried again. For me, it's the best TV show I've watched.

Soldato
BB is much better than Ozark simply because of it's characters, and being something of a dark comedy. Ozark is unrelentingly bleak and has no likeable characters.

Well, I just finished season 3. They did finally introduce a sympathetic character which made a world of difference. If they can carry on where S3 finished it could be very good, but needs to keep this level and not slip back to S1/2 standards.

Soldato
Glad it's not getting more than one tbh, the premise is stretched a little thin already.

Much prefer series that tell their story and come to a planned conclusion, rather than just dragging on until the numbers dwindle enough for the funding to be pulled.

Associate
What's this?

*Generally* speaking, even with hit shows, Netflix only allows 3 seasons. See 'Dark'. Ozark being an exception, and there are others.

I'm sure they have good reason. And it does allow the producers to wrap up a series instead of just letting it hang. Still, some shows are worthy of longer runs imo.

Back
Top Bottom