Palworld: Pokémon with guns

Soldato
Would be an interesting thing if Microsoft did buy out Pocketpair/Palworld. They definitely have the money to take it places, but also they are Microsoft so it would probably be dark places.

Soldato
OP
Finally got the minigun!

cufNTY1.jpg

Really need to start working on a breeding strategy to make some better combat pals.
Managed to get some Anubis with Serious and Artisan, so the base is doing pretty well now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not been able to get my world loading all day on the Gamepass version. Must have launched 20, maybe 30 times, crashes everytime you hear the world loading with the UE5 crash send and report error. Tried all the fixes, it's clearly an issue as there's plenty of posts on various websites about the issue. But everything I've tried today hasn't fixed the issue. At this point might just chin off the Gamepass version and get the Steam version as it's fun game to have on the side.

Anyone else getting similar?

Associate
So is this just single player or multiplayer?

If so are there servers, is there an ocuk server?

If so can you dig holes?
Both, you can play it singleplayer or multiplayer.
No, there's no dedicated OCUK server as far as I'm aware, though one or two people might be playing together.
No, there's no terraforming at present, so no digging.

Associate
Is the Gamepass version the same as the version that you can purchase? I know the Steam version is different from Gamepass but unsure about the MS versions

Soldato
This game is really good fun. I've been playing co-op with my son, me on the PC and him in the next room on the Xbox. I had no idea you could get guns when I first started playing. Just got the submachine gun for my limfunk and it's brilliant. Can't wait to see what else you can unlock!

Soldato
This game really does just feel like it was designed with fun as the main focus, feels like something that will be enjoyable to keep coming back to with updates as well.

Looking forward to seeing how it looks in a year, hopefully a lot of the small bugs are ironed out by then.

Soldato
New patch dropped with quiet a few changes:

Steam version v0.1.5.0 has been released.

Patch Notes:

===

▼Major Fixes
・Implemented backup of save data on the world selection screen
・Resolved issue of unnecessary data accumulating in save data

▼Key Configuration
・Added fully supported keyboard key configuration

▼Guild
・Modified specification to allow guild members to be removed when not logged in

▼Player Issues
・Changed long-press operation during player tasks to allow continuous work by pressing the work button once (This is switchable in the options settings)
・Fixed issue where riding in prohibited hunting areas would not result in a crime
・Improved interaction accuracy with adjacent objects

▼Pals
・Changed specifications so that when a Pal is instructed to "attack aggressively," the Pal will attack enemies indiscriminately even if they are not in combat
・Corrected an issue to allow Pals of rank 1 or higher to be selected as concentrated material (higher-ranked Pals yield more points when concentrated)
・Fixed bug where if a large amount of experience points were gained and the level increased to 50 at once, Pals would not learn any active skills
・Mitigated an issue where using Mossanda's partner skill "Grenadier Panda" on a dungeon boss would cause the boss to get stuck in walls

▼Base Issues
・Fixed an issue where base Pals would get stuck on top of a logging site, etc.
・Added measures to prevent the issue where base Pals would wander around and get stuck at the border of the base area
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would get stuck repeatedly starting transportation tasks and the light bulbs icon would appear over and over again.
・Added measures to prevent the issue of base Pals getting stuck in the farm on a roof
・Fixed an issue where work Pals would get stuck in the summon space of Palbox when restarting the server on a dedicated server.
・Adjusted the default work priority of base Pals (Anubis will prioritize manual labour)
・Significantly relaxed building restrictions for stairs and triangular roofs
・Fixed an issue where sound would play in an infinite loop when Pals at the base used certain active skills.
・Specifications changed so that all changes in environmental temperature are added up (if you put 4 campfires next to each other, the surrounding area will have the temperature of a volcano)
・Implemented "relax" working style on the monitoring stand

▼Balance Adjustment
・Significantly strengthened mining power for Digtoise partner skills
・Fixed the abnormally high selling price of nails
・Significantly increased the number of police officers who appear when a crime is committed
・Added electric shock effect to Free Pal Alliance's crossbow
・Adjusted the flight distance of Sphere Launcher and Scatter Sphere Launcher.
・Increased the SAN value recovery amount of high-quality hot springs

▼Network Related
・Renovated the server lobby
・[Search by server name] will now work
・Added the ability to view online players on a dedicated server
*On community servers, this will only be displayed if the setting is enabled

▼Others
・Fixed the issue where Day 5 Memo was not placed
・You can now adjust the in-game brightness in the settings
・Fixed many minor bugs
・Corrected various incorrect text
・Improved measures against cheating

Don
New patch today seems to bring Xbox back in sync with Steam too.

I'm hoping my biggest issue has been resolved (multiplayer games crash on start with an exception error), but not mentioned in the release notes :(

Associate
Finally got an hour in with this last night. Caught a bigish dino that was level 14 (me on 8) after a few deaths and promptly put him to work cutting trees down.

One thing I'm finding is the controls aren't coming naturally to me, keep pressing the wrong thing or having to check which key I need. Might look for alternative control schemes.

The other thing is I haven't worked out how to send my pals to attack something yet, that might make fights a little easier but then again they might over do it if I can't recall them quick enough.

Soldato
Another smaller patch dropped today:

Steam version v0.1.5.1 has been released.

Patch Notes:

===

▼Major Fixes
・Fixed various game crashes

▼Balance Adjustment
・Fixed a bug where breeding Pals always had fixed passives
・Fixed an issue where the increase in condensation progress was incorrect when using Pal of rank 2 or higher as a condensation material (it will increase by the number of Pals used in previous condensation)

▼Dungeon Issues
・Fixed an issue where the innermost door would not open after defeating the boss of a random dungeon

▼Pals
・Fixed an issue where the name of a Pal would not change even after renaming them

▼Server Issues
・Fixed an issue where it was not possible to search for spaces or Japanese/Chinese characters in the server list
・Fixed so that if the server is no longer registered on the server list, it will be re-registered without needing to restart the server
・Fixed an issue where the settings to enable RCON were not loaded from the configuration file

Back
Top Bottom