Parenting question: Crying newborn

Soldato
Honestly - I've never googled as many things in my whole life as I have in the first week of being a parent. However I honestly wouldn't swap it for anything, nothing beats having him fall asleep on your chest in the evening.

Our doctor was great, his advice "ignore google and ignore the books, as well as all the old dears who say 'that's not how we used to do it'"

my wife would take the little one to bed in an evening, she'd never settle and I would return home from work around 1-2am. Upstairs, grab the baby then downstairs to play xbox with her on my chest. It could take an hour or two but worked every time. We also invested in an auto rocking chair, used to swing back and forth, now that was a god send. I'd take her to bed about 6am, wife would sleep through until 10 or 11 and then get up with her and i'd sleep until it was time for work. :)

Basically, do what is right for you and ignore everything else unless you have a genuine medical concern :)

Associate
When my little one was a baby his crying was mostly down to wind. I would spend a very long time after a feed to try and get those damn burps out.... many a sleepless night i tell you.

Soldato
When my little one was a baby his crying was mostly down to wind. I would spend a very long time after a feed to try and get those damn burps out.... many a sleepless night i tell you.

Dr Brown's anti-colic bottles are amazing. I can't recommend them enough.

Back
Top Bottom