Paris Olympics 2024

Soldato
Only caught the back end of the show as the John Lennon song was floating down the Seine, other than the horse running along the river and im guessing a Jean Michelle Jarre laser show was rather uninspired by the rest, im assuming i missed most of the more entertaining stuff. The lighting of the flame was pretty cool mind.

those brolly holders deserve an award, that poor woman was really giving it all by the end of that speech!

Associate
Just watched (most of) it myself. Nice idea, dreadful weather, not the best entertainment. Also why did it turn into an any and all nationalities tennis players torch relay, did I miss something there?

Bet those surfers were incredibly happy to be 'missing' the ceremony :D

Last edited:
Associate
Ah the olympics, that time of year when everyone and their mum suddenly becomes an expert on whatever niche bumblesquat sport everyone pretends to care about for a couple of weeks.

Dave in accounting: “Akschually, when I was young and went to summer camp I was in the u12s archery team, so I’m quite well versed on this”

And so on

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah the olympics, that time of year when everyone and their mum suddenly becomes an expert on whatever niche bumblesquat sport everyone pretends to care about for a couple of weeks.

Dave in accounting: “Akschually, when I was young and went to summer camp I was in the u12s archery team, so I’m quite well versed on this”

And so on
I know. Our Jack Russell, Honey, is interested in the badminton.

ZhZ6Wdi.jpeg

Soldato
My main problem with the opening ceremony was it seemed to be a show about Paris with some athletes, rather than a show about athletes with some Paris highlights.

More of a show for TV than a show for the competitors.

Anyway, at least swimming can go ahead today. Sounds like the skateboarding has been delayed due to the weather, hope it brightens up for them all

Caporegime
That's pretty cool - on Discovery+, you get a little pop up saying "10m Shooting Gold Medal in final stages" and you can choose to watch it if you want to see who wins.

Back
Top Bottom