Paris Olympics 2024

I actually thought Tom was spent after that puncture & thought that the French guy would have saved some energy. Clearly Tom is the Alien amongst the MTB scene.

That was awesome to watch don't really watch mountain biking, thought that was going to end in a big smash for a second.

Surely Pidcock would have smoked the French guy had he not had the puncture.

Wow that was an excellent excellent race. I don’t really watch the mountain biking only the road cycling.

In Tokyo we did not know really who Tim Pidcock is and we saw him push through an on and away.

Today after watching the efforts and bravery in the tour I hoped he could still do well again. I thought when he went off the front he would be away and have another go in the group he was with! I thought that after punture and the chase he would just hanging on! I thought he was being distanced on that last up hill! That was a great aggressive attacking finish. A brilliant race to watch although apart from the leaders the other athletes did not seem involved!

The showjumping / dressage is fairly calming thankfully

Absolutely killer move there from Pidcock! Poor course for MTB, but produced some good racing today. Great result to come 9th for Charlie Aldridge too, he's only 21 iirc and has a bright future.

Last edited:
Shame on all you naysayers! Pidcock pulls a hell of a move to take the win. Honestly, he didn't look gassed the entire race. Doesn't quite have the top end power of the French guy but hes a world tour pro, hes got the rest of them on toast with his general engine.

Wow, Wow, Wow - that was some race. Pidcock is a macheen. It was like he was on an e-bike at times. Great racer move at the end. Incredible. I love sport!

Reactions: fez
British swimmer Adam Peaty picked up silver in the men's 100m breaststroke on Sunday.

The six-time Olympic medallist was so close to gold - missing out by just two hundredths of a second - and Team GB have announced the 29-year-old was "feeling unwell" and has since tested positive for Covid-19.

Peaty is due to be competing in relay events later in the swimming programme and his involvement is now uncertain.

"Adam Peaty began feeling unwell on Sunday, ahead of his men's 100m breaststroke final." Team GB said in a statement.

"In the hours after the final, his symptoms became worse and he was tested for COVID early on Monday morning. He tested positive at that point.

"He is hopeful to be back in competition for the relay events later in the swimming programme. As in any case of illness, the situation is being managed appropriately, with all usual precautions being taken to keep the wider delegation healthy."

Impressive silver if he's got COVID no matter how hard it hits you, that has to be a bummer for him.....

Back
Top Bottom