Paris Olympics 2024

Silver, Torres run arguably just a tiny bit higher smoother maybe they overdid his score but I was surprised KR didnt get gold on his first run

BBC commentators much better than Eurosport who kept saying wrong things all the time

Last edited:
Silver, Torres run arguably just a tiny bit higher smoother maybe they overdid his score but I was surprised KR didnt get gold on his first run

BBC commentators much better than Eurosport who kept saying wrong things all the time
it's always very subjective - tech/height/smoothness/transfers etc etc - they all see what they want....

I wasn't that wowed by the Argie, and I thought the French bloke's second run was immense. But I've only watched a sum total of 20 minutes of BMX ever probably, so there's a chance the judges do know better.

I wasn't that wowed by the Argie, and I thought the French bloke's second run was immense. But I've only watched a sum total of 20 minutes of BMX ever probably, so there's a chance the judges do know better.

Like I say - they went FAR to big on the first run scores.... Handing out 94 gives almost nowhere to go with the rest of run 1/all run 2 scores....

"normally" - you'll see high 80's/very low 90's for an amazing first run....

Also it's so subjective - one judge likes a certain style, another likes another style.

Ain't saying anyone has been robbed or anything but I think going so big so early - left very very little room to go.....

Have to say an event I'm really looking forward to now is gonna be the Triathlon Mixed Relay on Monday GB V France that's gonna be a banger. Provided they ain't all got dysentery from today :p

Has there been any olympic weight lifting yet? I love watching that, both men and women in the various weight classes.
Doesn't start till next Wednesday. Which seems really late as I'm sure in the past it was pretty much on for the whole games!

Edit: looking on wiki yeah it was over 12 days in Tokyo truncated down to 5 this games!

Last edited:
Superb indeed....

He really is living up to the billing.....

Can he do it again in the 200m breast later on?? Wouldn't bet against him
An OR butterfly win, amazing. Expected it in the breast final but not the fly.

With that crowd I can't see him losing. Good to see home athletes win.

wow, never knew this was allowed! Not acceptable.

Bloody hell.

That is honestly disgraceful! Women need to stop going into the ring as soon as they do it’ll stop it. It’ll be tough but once they all just go ‘right we’re taking one for everyone here, we all agree to not go compete’. The IOC would reverse the decision to allow men in the womens events.

Back
Top Bottom