Paris Olympics 2024

BBC must have got some complaints about last night and are showing some field events. :eek:

edit: Allman is damn fine for a discus thrower. :D

Last edited:
Good for the 2 GB girls to make the final, there's too many big dogs in this field though for a medal I think unless one of them under performs.
Daryll looks like she's our top sprinter now. I think 4th in the 100m smarts and is gunning for some podium time.

Mens pole vault is mental. So many clearing 5.90 first time.

E: The women's team sprint gold earlier was a cracking ride and WR to boot.

Last edited:
If Keeley wants an Olympic gold medal I feel she might never get a better chance than tonight, especially as her nemesis stacked it in the US trials and didn't make it.

Edit: Shame there isn't more runners about like Hassan, proper runner just seems to love going out there racing whatever the distance! Doing the 5k, 10k and Marathon here!

Last edited:
When you feel old when our current 800m star was only 2 when Kelly Holmes won and I can remember those golds like they were yesterday :eek:

If Keeley wants an Olympic gold medal I feel she might never get a better chance than tonight, especially as her nemesis stacked it in the US trials and didn't make it.
I know, I remember Kelly running. Goddammit ageing is stupid.

Yeah, I don't think she'd have a better chance than tonight although I think she'd prefer everybody was there - I also think she'd still win.

Surprised to see the Ethiopians fall back towards the end, two kenyans out front were different class. No idea where they get that additional energy at the end from.

Back
Top Bottom