Paris Olympics 2024

I didn't see that race. What happened, did a cameraman cause runners to fall?

No he was a mobile cameraman walking about covering the javelin and was on the track when, without looking, he just walked back towards the field and bumped into the athletes! He knocked one of them but no one fell over.

Can anyone tell me why some of the Velodrome bicycles have different type of handlebars? The team pursuit have handlebars that put their hands close together and other bikes have more standard ones.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why some of the Velodrome bicycles have different type of handlebars? The team pursuit have handlebars that put their hands close together and other bikes have more standard ones.

The bars used in the pursuit allows the riders to get into a more aerodynamic position, which they need for the longer events. They only switch to them once they are pretty much up to speed.

The normal bars are what you'd be using for starting in the pursuit and for the events where you need to sprint as you can get up to speed and/or sprint from a more stable position with a) your hands apart and b) a better grip on those bars. For example, you couldn't really get out of the saddle using the aero bars as you would have no stability.

The bars used in the pursuit allows the riders to get into a more aerodynamic position, which they need for the longer events. They only switch to them once they are pretty much up to speed.

The normal bars are what you'd be using for starting in the pursuit and for the events where you need to sprint as you can get up to speed and/or sprint from a more stable position with a) your hands apart and b) a better grip on those bars. For example, you couldn't really get out of the saddle using the aero bars as you would have no stability.

Great explanation, thanks.

Been a lot of booing at the scoring in the men's skateboarding. A few runs that people think should have scored higher. Insane that an 88 run might not make the final though, the level is really high.

Two GB men into the climbing final, Toby Roberts and Hamish MacArthur.

Toby in with a good chance of gold on recent form.

Women's lead qualifying tomorrow. Molly TS has a mountain to climb (hoho), but Erin is in with a good shout of quali.

Back
Top Bottom