Paris Olympics 2024

Team GB has missed out on so many Gold medals due to very marginal time/decision differences, or poor judging.
Luck never goes our way :(

Maybe luck doesn't go our way, but skill and talent does. We're a tiny island compared to most other countries and yet we're near the top of the medals table in 5th place with 49 medals and everyone below us has 31 medals and less.

Maybe luck doesn't go our way, but skill and talent does. We're a tiny island compared to most other countries and yet we're near the top of the medals table in 5th place with 49 medals and everyone below us has 31 medals and less.

All to do with funding really and population.

Its all about money, the ones higher up the table just throw more funding at it.

All about the middle class upbringing who can support the youngsters.... Very few from working class families just like Actors these days....

Its a class war !!

(sorry)

But I bloody love the Olympics, so many top top sports that get coverage then its back to crappy football football football 24/7, the odd Rugby match and horse racing...

Defending taekwondo champion jade jones just been knocked out in the last 16

Could get a 2nd chance if the woman who beat her goes far apparently :confused:

Last edited:
Defending taekwondo champion jade jones just been knocked out in the last 16
Jade showing her age a bit at 31 against 21 year old? Not as snappy as I recall her in past two Olympics.

I can't recall specifics, but Jade was involved in some sort of drugs issue, I think around last Xmas.

Missed or refused mandatory drugs test on quick Google.

Last edited:
Looks like taekwondo rules have changed, at least in first round of competition, each round of three scored separately and two round wins gets it.

Not that is how Jade ended, opponent deemed to have landed more blows in final round as evenly scored over three rounds, even if not scoring.

Guessing Bianca (Walken?) isn't competing, she used to house share with Jade, she just said a few words in BBC studio.

Used to love practicing tkd myself 90-96, back then there was hope one day it would be in Olympics.

Last edited:
Got the webpage open checking the ongoing heptathlon. KJT has cleared 1.92 in the high jump which is excellent matching the height of Thiam. No one else has matched those 2.

Back
Top Bottom