Parvum: Frosted Designare - Hard fitting installed and tubing plan!

Soldato
OP
FWIW i think the 'wrong' side panel looks better than full clear
:)

Parvum making a full clear so will see which one looks best. will admit when you walk around it and see the seemless edge between the clear side panel and the front it looks finished but carrying around the the framed panel doesn't. Guess it has to be one or the other and not mixed.

Might take a photo with the PSU panel swapped with the framed panel as a reference

Guessing if the Framed panel was a thin bezel it could look good but default one is far to bulky for this design in my view
Ah, gotcha!

Well, it would seem the screen inclusion would have more benefits than just the aesthetics - plus others will prefer it too - it's still in keeping with the modern/sleek look :)

Look forward to seeing that - your design should lend itself really well to that type of case.

Kudos - really - looks great.

seems the frosted midwall is about 6" which is 50mm to short i think for 7" screen- may have to mount it vertical. If so a 10.1" screen could also work being mounted vertical but not sure if it can run off USB power alone

HAHAHA - just got a message saying the case looks like the Castle from Frozen :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Apologies for the poor shooting positions but managed to line up the Alphacool Eisbrecher in the Parvum case which someone got dubbed "Frozen Castle"...
not a fan of Disney Frozen, preferred Brave more :D

Going need to do some thinking with this one. Most Parvum builds have a 60mm Res and Pump combo tucked next to the Radiator and window, this will not work for myself as the Eisbecher is 88mm cube. should have got Parvum to drill the fan holes about 10mm towards the midwall.
Leaves me with 3 options;
  • Mount to the Radiator- but in the pictures there is not fan attached yet so will foul any GPU installed
  • Use smaller sized Tube and mount to the top and hope the GPU clear it using second PCIe slot
  • Mount the long Eisbecher at the bottom- have a 240 Eisbrecher which it could be mounted upon but will be getting closer to the GPU.

First picture shows why i went for the Full single clear Panel and need to get this Sorted out ASAP

Nothing can hide to well with this design :D

Shame they dont have a White LED for the logo. also need to swap ports around so logo is read from bottom to top

Should look good mated with beQuiet Silent Wing 3 fans

yep, cant stand the frame- maybe I slim bezel I could handle

Liking the rear window :D

Tight fit, don't think it would fit with ports at the bottom

Money shot- Eisbrecher mounted to the Eisbecher .
Can see no fans and the unit is nearing the edge of the motherboard tray , which the mobo will almost lay flush against

The tube will be Frosted/Satin Plexi to match the rest of the case. Unfortunately this leaves me with either having a clear or Acetal Pump block

What it will roughly look like with Clear panel at the side ( took panel off for the shot)

Just see the Eisbrecher will clear the midwall!

Soldato
OP
Looking great though. Nice to see some hardware inside. I will get back to your email today.

thanks, was completely my ball drop on that one - had baby on my mind - whilst i was taking photos my eldest was in the high chair feeding the cat.....

as you can see shifting it over would hopefully allow the unit to sit next to it, the 240 version would have its ports facing the back panel

as a heads up to anyone seeing the 90 degree split piece midwall. A slim line 360 should fit with the fans mounted on the PSU chamber side. Could allow a dual 360 set up to be run in theory . Dual 360 and dual 240 in a case this size would be pretty sweet!

Soldato
OP
Power Engine that will be power the system and keep it cool will be handled be quiet with Dark Power Pro 11 850W and Silent Wing 3.

Luckily I have seen in my personal rig and have half decent shots instead of my living room which has been over run by all things related to newly born baby :)

Soldato
Looks amazing!! :) The only thing that gets me about Parvum cases is the lack of dust filters. How on earth do you prevent dust build up with those massive cut outs?

Soldato
OP
Looks great! My Asrock Z270 Supercarrier board would look good in that!

Need to start a new fad with clear mobo trays. Since Aorus is having armour backing along with Asus and MSI and ASrock mixing up the colours

Looks amazing!! :) The only thing that gets me about Parvum cases is the lack of dust filters. How on earth do you prevent dust build up with those massive cut outs?

Thanks, why I went for as much positive pressure in theory but will have to get some mesh over the fans , least it won't be seen

***mind is Torn - need members views. Black Corsair LPX 4x8GB 3200 or Dominator 4x8GB 3000 in terms of looks.

Should be able to OC booth with the latter a bit more but unsure if an all black or black/silver would look best. 1st world problems

Last edited:
Associate
Wow. Parvum cases just look amazing without the build being complete.

How do you find the case? Easy to assemble and work with?

As for the RAM question I say Dominator just because of the looks of it

Soldato
OP
Wow. Parvum cases just look amazing without the build being complete.

How do you find the case? Easy to assemble and work with?

As for the RAM question I say Dominator just because of the looks of it

Wasn't to bad , but I did watch the YouTube video and still got a few cubes on the wrong side of the sheet haha

Picked up 4x 8GB 3600 Dominators :)

Soldato
OP
Super Cool Build , Love the Look Orbitalwalsh , Good to see "Winter is Coming"

Could be a "GoT" Themed Build for the Finishing Touch?

Thanks :) although Frozen Castle seems to be sticking :/ haha would prefer Winter Is Coming haha

32GB of Corsair Dominator is on the way, also got two parcels with Mayhems and bequiet! Goodness

Soldato
OP
Right , first things first - new arrivals

Time to dry fit this bad boy !

And then I run into a problem . there is no mid anchor point to hold the midwall and rear panel so the weight warps the panel.
There was a hole which would allow a Parvum cube to sit underneath the PSU and support the weight but wasn't tapped so I may try this.
If not, will have to order for PSU to be at the bottom.

Associate
And then I run into a problem . there is no mid anchor point to hold the midwall and rear panel so the weight warps the panel.
There was a hole which would allow a Parvum cube to sit underneath the PSU and support the weight but wasn't tapped so I may try this.

Why would it need to be tapped :/

JR

Associate
The screw/bolt won't go through the hole on the mobo side to hold the cube to support the PSU. To tight and also having a thread will allow a better anchor point then it just being slide into a hole :)

It definitely isn't too small to fit an M3 screw through, the smallest drilling tool in the CNC will be 3mm, it might be tight if it was on the motherboard standoff tool path but it will push/thread in with a little care.

Having a thread would just make it a pain to fit the cube. Take your board out, stick an M3x10mm screw through the hole and screw it into the cube like everyone intended, just like in every other panel of the entire case and every Parvum in existence.

JR

Back
Top Bottom