• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

Soldato
Wasn't thinking of buying one at beginning of thread, after watching how AMD trolls have acquitted themselves the last several pages I am now.

We relied on AMD to stop this, they failed.

Soldato
It makes sense that any potential Ti/Titan XP 2 will be saved for whatever Big Vega (if it ever appears) ends up being.

What happens if AMD release Vega and it is just a higher clocked fury X? Say 30% faster... around the speed of the 1080.... So that leaves Nvidia to do what they want above the 1080 level. Vega really needs to be significantly faster than 1080... but then I guess Nvidia will be saving up the TX that are not 100% functional and they will then release them as a cut down 1080ti. But if Vega is only just about competitive with the 1080, then they do not need to release the Ti at low MSRP.

Soldato
Wasn't thinking of buying one at beginning of thread, after watching how AMD trolls have acquitted themselves the last several pages I am now.

That's a very strange train of logic to decide to buy something.

Do you not simply want the card because it's going to be the flagship and bring performance to match?
How does reading trolls make you 'want' something you originally did not? :confused:

Soldato
I'm probably going to get one.

I think this is the Ti version in disguise.

There won't be a 'Ti' this time around due to lack of competition.

This should give at least 50%+ over my 980Ti

Whatever it costs it will be tax deductable for me. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's incredible how many people get so visibly upset at the idea that people buy high end Nvidia cards.

As the gulf between AMD and Nvidia becomes ever wider, they seem to be getting angrier and angrier.

As much as anything the contention here is that nVidia have managed to move the goalposts so that people are basically paying Titan money for what is essentially this generation equivalent of a GTX260, 470, etc. (albeit with a little more VRAM than those cards would probably have transposed to this generation).

At the end of the day though if you want the best possible to play with as many settings turned up as possible or your old card has broken or whatever and you need a new card there isn't a huge amount of option :|

Associate
Small vega is out later this year to compete with 1070/1070, big vega is due next year at some point - probably April so it makes sense for nvidia to milk this for 6 months and then release 1080ti to compete with big vega. Presumably this is slightly cut down so they can store the full chips and have enough to release reasonable amounts of them to compete with big vega.

They probably already know what small vega can do so also have a reasonable assumption of what big vega is likely to do. The question is how appealing and what price vega will be when it's released and how that will affect 1080. Presumably with this releasing at £1200 that means it's unlikely small vega is going to be much if any faster than 1080.

Caporegime
Can't wait for the first posts along the line of:

I've just purchased a Titan Pascal card; it cost me £1200. It seems to have terrible coil-whine. Do they all do this? Can I send it back? There don't seem to be any replacements in stock... OKUK Support say it's not a fault, so won't accept a return..

Etc., etc.

That is a bit harsh bud. Coil whine is a horrible thing and not something I hope anyone has to deal with/put up with.

Soldato
Decided to sell one of my 1080's. If anyone is interested ;). Run a single card for now then upgrade to TXP when i can grab an EVGA one with waterblock.

Should keep me going for a good while. 1440p 144hz with max settings for the next few years. Until we see a 144hz 4k display that is :p.

Expensive but does look like an absolute monster of a card for sure.

Sick of SLI at the minute. Second card practically sat doing nothing. SLI on W3 seeing no where near single card performance.

Vore

V

Vore

Decided to sell one of my 1080's. If anyone is interested ;). Run a single card for now then upgrade to TXP when i can grab an EVGA one with waterblock.

Should keep me going for a good while. 1440p 144hz with max settings for the next few years. Until we see a 144hz 4k display that is :p.

Expensive but does look like an absolute monster of a card for sure.

Sick of SLI at the minute. Second card practically sat doing nothing. SLI on W3 seeing no where near single card performance.

My sentiments exactly!

Soldato
That bad?

Was getting better perf with 980Ti SLI to be honest. So yeah not great. I was hoping drivers might have improved by now but no such luck.

Even when they work usage is all over the place. Maxing at 60-80% on each card. Fps drops, flickering.

Single 1080 flies and a nice step over single Ti. Smooth and runs well. Might even stick with single 1080 yet. Unsure.

Depends how much of an increase the TXP is.

Soldato

You didn't keep your Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" in the end ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Was getting better perf with 980Ti SLI to be honest. So yeah not great. I was hoping drivers might have improved by now but no such luck.

Even when they work usage is all over the place. Maxing at 60-80% on each card. Fps drops, flickering.

Single 1080 flies and a nice step over single Ti. Smooth and runs well. Might even stick with single 1080 yet. Unsure.

Depends how much of an increase the TXP is.

Damn, I was thinking of sli 1080's :(

Looks like I'll have to make do with a Titan again ;)

Soldato
I didn't keep your Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" in the end ?

Sent it back. Kept my swift. Do still prefer my 144hz to be honest. For £1000 not really worth it for me. Some games are very nice with the 21:9. But to be honest I enjoy them just as much without it.

Not only that but some games don't support it which is annoying, then I'm stuck with 100hz.

I'm more than happy with my 1440p 144hz at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom