• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

I don't think that NVidia have ever used the scientist's name in the commercial naming of the cards. (I might be wrong but I cannot think of one)

Titan X is the perfect name for the Titan from the Pascal series of cards, the 10 series, the only problem is that NVidia were really stupid last timeout and have used it already. ;)

Waiting to see if there are any AIB cards with all the uncertainty of if they'll be a Ti version. If there are would show in theory no Ti model planned . or in a massive long shot a Volta Ti card instead of the 750Ti which didn't happen this time around

Really don't like dual gpu from experience, so I can understand people going for one of these instead of £1200 on two 1080s. Which will be significantly slower than this when SLI is having a bad day/month/s on your favorite new game :mad:

http://videocardz.com/62649/nvidia-quadro-p6000-and-p5000-pictured
After reading this the quadro p6000 is using a GP102 chip and 24gb GDDRX memory and all 3840 cuda cores enabled, smells to me like these are the chips that SHOULD be a titan, I still say this upcoming titan is a Ti in disguise

Yeah looks like it. What you described should have been the titan and this card the TI.

Makes you think there wont be a TI this time.

I mean difficult to fit it in between the 1080 and titan. It would have to have less cores and memory really which they cant do

However they do it, the Ti would be a disappointment performance wise vs the titan and would never be as fast

Yeah looks like it. What you described should have been the titan and this card the TI.

Makes you think there wont be a TI this time.

I mean difficult to fit it in between the 1080 and titan. It would have to have less cores and memory really which they cant do

However they do it, the Ti would be a disappointment performance wise vs the titan and would never be as fast

or they could REALLY screw the titan owners and release a Ti with slightly less cores and the same Vram offering 95% of the performance for half the cost and then release a full fat Titan with 24gb GDDR5X for the same price as this Titan which should get it at around 15% faster than the Ti only time will tell but the only way they can fit a Ti in this time around is to really screw over the titan owners at least this first Pascal based titan

or they could REALLY screw the titan owners and release a Ti with slightly less cores and the same Vram offering 95% of the performance for half the cost and then release a full fat Titan with 24gb GDDR5X for the same price as this Titan which should get it at around 15% faster than the Ti only time will tell but the only way they can fit a Ti in this time around is to really screw over the titan owners at least this first Pascal based titan

They'll only do that if AMD offers something else I think we'll not see a Ti this round. If volta is coming next year it does not leave much time for a newer titan at all.

It does now look as if the Quadro P6000 has got the best the of the GP102 chips with the new Titan X being a salvage part. 3840 Cuda cores Vs the 3584 in the Titan X.

It looks a different method to the GP104 which used chips with one of the 4 graphics processing clusters disabled for the 1070 (1920 CUDA) vs the 1080 (2560 CUDA). Not sure how many graphics clusters the 102 is meant to have? Anyone seen details of the chip released yet?

Last edited:
It does now look as if the Tesla P6000 has got the best the of the GP102 chips with the new Titan X being a salvage part. 3840 Cuda cores Vs the 3584 in the Titan X.

It looks a different method to the GP104 which used chips with one of the 4 graphics processing clusters disabled for the 1070 (1920 CUDA) vs the 1080 (2560 CUDA). Not sure how many graphics clusters the 102 is meant to have? Anyone seen details of the chip released yet?

Not Tesla P6000 but Quadro P6000

The Tesla has a P100 full fat chip.

I think the full GP102 will have 3840 cores. Don't think its designed for more.

What exactly is a Quadro P6000 now though. Its not a compute card as the 64 bit compute has been stripped on the GP102.

I really thought the Quadro P6000 would use reject tesla GP100 chips (whjere are these going?)

Are the GP100 that are not good enough going to the Drive PX2 ??????????

What exactly is a Quadro P6000 now though. Its not a compute card as the 64 bit compute has been stripped on the GP102.

I really thought the Quadro P6000 would use reject tesla GP100 chips (whjere are these going?)

Are the GP100 that are not good enough going to the Drive PX2 ??????????

The quadro cards are professional series.

the rive PX2 uses GP106 chips.

For those who are going to get one of these, please do the right thing. Put the beast under water, even an AIO hybrid will do the job. Don't get this and abuse it with that dreadful reference cooler throttling any overclocks.

Actually, that wasn't the case. It took roughly a 100Mhz to match the Titan X and clock for clock, the Titan X was the faster. The downside for me concerning the Titan X was the lack of custom cooled and binned chips unlike the 980Ti. There was custom BIOS's out that gave some real decent gains but flashing wasn't something that many do.

That's reference for reference, I agree. But... Titan X didn't have any custom cooled versions right? Whereas the 980ti did. And that's where the 980ti could beat the Titan X. The better custom 980ti's could beat a Titan X at their stock speeds (keeping in mind that many of these had factory base OCs). I remember seeing benchmarks comparing a few different 980tis to Titan X and some fell under, while some beat the TX.

But also, I gotta ask how well does a TX overclock? Cos I also remember from somewhere that the best OCing 980tis could beat the best OC from a Titan X. On cards one could buy (i.e. no custom water-cooled ones or that sort). These might be DigitalFoundry benchmarks if I recall.

Right now I'm so very tempted to go for a price drop 980ti as a temporary upgrade. Alas, I don't have a 1440p144hz monitor yet to make the best of it (and even if I did, it would likely be a FreeSync monitor anyway) and it's kinda just upgrading for the sake of upgrading. Not that I need it right now. And the funny thing is that original Titan X prices haven't dropped much at all.

Do Nvidia plan to trick people into buying the older one or something?

For those who are going to get one of these, please do the right thing. Put the beast under water, even an AIO hybrid will do the job. Don't get this and abuse it with that dreadful reference cooler throttling any overclocks.

Gotta go on water, hopefully EK will bring out a block for it. Can't see why not.

That's another £100! :p

But also, I gotta ask how well does a TX overclock? Cos I also remember from somewhere that the best OCing 980tis could beat the best OC from a Titan X. On cards one could buy (i.e. no custom water-cooled ones or that sort). These might be DigitalFoundry benchmarks if I recall.

Never had a TX before but I'm pretty sure I have seen the last TX with a custom bios on water run just as good if not better as it's Ti version.

e.g. http://www.overclock.net/t/1573308/nvidia-gtx-900-cards-custom-bios-upon-request/6060#post_25267080
http://www.overclock.net/t/1546747/official-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-owners-club/17910

Last edited:
That's reference for reference, I agree. But... Titan X didn't have any custom cooled versions right? Whereas the 980ti did. And that's where the 980ti could beat the Titan X. The better custom 980ti's could beat a Titan X at their stock speeds (keeping in mind that many of these had factory base OCs). I remember seeing benchmarks comparing a few different 980tis to Titan X and some fell under, while some beat the TX.

Right now I'm so very tempted to go for a price drop 980ti as a temporary upgrade. Alas, I don't have a 1440p144hz monitor yet to make the best of it (and even if I did, it would likely be a FreeSync monitor anyway) and it's kinda just upgrading for the sake of upgrading. Not that I need it right now. And the funny thing is that original Titan X prices haven't dropped much at all.

Do Nvidia plan to trick people into buying the older one or something?

Best 980 Ti you could get was a Kingpin 80%+ Asic which actually cost about £100 more than a Titan X.

Comparing the two cards above when overclocking it was pretty even but that was because the Kingpin has cherry picked GPU chips.

If you put a chip of the same Asic value in the Titan X it would win easy.

Back
Top Bottom