• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

I ran my titan-x at 1485/8000 under water but the card did die on me after a year. I would perhaps not go quite so full bore on it as nvidia never design the reference PCB to cope with heavy load.

ouch a dead £800 gpu

hope you managed to RMA it

It's $1200, I want improvements over the last TX regardless if it makes a difference or not.

If it can hold 1080p@120fps minimum in 'the Division' maxxed that will be enough for me.

My OC 980ti does around 80fps and holds close to 100fps on occasion.

Its the one 2016 game at the moment which is almost 100% GPU limited.

http://videocardz.com/62649/nvidia-quadro-p6000-and-p5000-pictured
After reading this the quadro p6000 is using a GP102 chip and 24gb GDDRX memory and all 3840 cuda cores enabled, smells to me like these are the chips that SHOULD be a titan, I still say this upcoming titan is a Ti in disguise

It's the same as the GK100 Titan and then the Titan Black. I'm guessing Nvidia aren't expecting anything capable of competing with this for some time so they release a Titan with easier to come by chips and if AMD do eventually pull a Hawaii they'll have a Titan Black on stand-by.

It's the same as the GK100 Titan and then the Titan Black. I'm guessing Nvidia aren't expecting anything capable of competing with this for some time so they release a Titan with easier to come by chips and if AMD do eventually pull a Hawaii they'll have a Titan Black on stand-by.

this is one of the reasons AMD should not fall behind like this. It's like they have no chance of catching up, NVidia are already prepared for whatever comes next.

Think you are probably right :S

Just think about it, people have been complaining ( and rightly so) about the number of pre-orders on certain new high end cards from OCUK, which of course is just one of thousands of places to get them from (although one of the biggest). Just think of the waiting list on NVidia.co.uk or even NVidia.com for these.

Bottom line, if you didn't get your name down as soon as they were announced I would expect a very long wait before you get your card.

Just think about it, people have been complaining ( and rightly so) about the number of pre-orders on certain new high end cards from OCUK, which of course is just one of thousands of places to get them from (although one of the biggest). Just think of the waiting list on NVidia.co.uk or even NVidia.com for these.

Bottom line, if you didn't get your name down as soon as they were announced I would expect a very long wait before you get your card.

Founders cards have been plentiful since launch its just the AIB cards which are hard to come by.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-pascal-titan-x-details,32323.html
"Nvidia told us the Titan X is being aimed at professional content creators and deep learning researches, but the company acknowledged that the card will undoubtedly be used by gamers with exceptionally deep pockets"

so with that said hopefully we'll see a geforce card based on the exact same gp102 soon ish hopefully before the year ends means I'll get one off Santa :D

Founders cards have been plentiful since launch its just the AIB cards which are hard to come by.

The main difference is that the 1080 founders was a world wide launch, with expected massive availability and demand. This is a quietly announced and only available direct form NVidia, with a high price, I'm sure NVidia are not expecting the demand that will inevitably happen, just as they weren't really prepared for the demand of the 1080.

Of course I might be wrong and if I am, good, it will mean anyone who wants one will be able to get one without too much problem. :)

ouch a dead £800 gpu

hope you managed to RMA it

I sucked it up as it's not really Zotac's fault I ran the card the way I did. I have the Nano listed below now and intend to go full mxm notebook for my next machine. I wont be going reference again for water though, they burnt that bridge.

Wait a minute. I don't see any option to pre-order the Pascal Titan X on the geforce site. Is that even possible? All there is is 'notify me' :confused:

Wait a minute. I don't see any option to pre-order the Pascal Titan X on the geforce site. Is that even possible? All there is is 'notify me' :confused:

Ah yes, you are quite correct, my bad, I could have sworn it was a pre-order list you were able to join.

I wonder how they will deal with it then, first come first served I would expect, make me wonder just how much stock they will have. I expect demand for these to be exceptionally high.

In for 2 of these beauties. Un-official word from EK is as follows: 'Thank you for contacting us! At the current time, there is no official word on whether or not we will be producing a water block for the new TITAN X graphics card. However, things change, so keep an eye on our social media pages as we always post the most up-to-date information regarding products and releases there!'

I would imagine they will make them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom