• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

Caporegime
No time soon I should imagine!! 4k is extremely taxing but looks fantastic! Games will just keep pushing the boundaries (Division etc)

Its a few years off, once 8k becomes affordable 4k gameplay will be flying along. By that time gpu's will probably be topping 30 gigs of vram.

Last edited:
Associate
Think I'll need 2 of these then to run 1440P surround gaming, it's quote a few more pixels than 4K, my wallet is trembling at the thought.

Soldato
Thats a lot of money, but in fairness the price of my 2 x 1080 FTWs has gone up a lot since I purchased them so could probably sell them for a small profit now if I wanted to change up... If.

Interested to see more benchmarks, how this compares to SLI 1080s would be interesting... The clock speeds do seem a little disappointing though if i'm honest.

Caporegime
5dcbbe8b-eb70-4865-9f64-b9de8b77f442.png

That's the hardest benchmark.

If you are going to do an overclocked titan x why cant you at least include an overclocked 1080 in the chart? ******* lazy that is!

Caporegime
Those gains look nice, 30% over stock 1080 FE. It is overpriced but then all of the previous Titans were too in terms of raw performance per dollar numbers.

People who buy this will definitely enjoy it for a good while. More power to them.

Problem is max overclock on titan is going to be 100Mhz or more less than max on 1080 so that will drop to low 20s.

Will be interested to see better cooling and modded bios results though.

Caporegime
Thats a lot of money, but in fairness the price of my 2 x 1080 FTWs has gone up a lot since I purchased them so could probably sell them for a small profit now if I wanted to change up... If.

Interested to see more benchmarks, how this compares to SLI 1080s would be interesting... The clock speeds do seem a little disappointing though if i'm honest.

When SLI works your 1080s in sli are going to be 40% quicker than a single titan x.

Caporegime
Problem is max overclock on titan is going to be 100Mhz or more less than max on 1080 so that will drop to low 20s.

Will be interested to see better cooling and modded bios results though.

Only gonna be water cooling if NVidia stick to their routine of not allowing third parties to produce alternate coolers for it. I think gigabyte sold one of their titan cards with an optional windforce heatsink that came in the box so they stuck to the restriction while providing an option. :p

Caporegime
Only gonna be water cooling if NVidia stick to their routine of not allowing third parties to produce alternate coolers for it. I think gigabyte sold one of their titan cards with an optional windforce heatsink that came in the box so they stuck to the restriction while providing an option. :p

Plenty of brave geeks quite prepared to take off that warranty sticker on their £1100 titan and watercool it.

Caporegime
Again NVidia fuelling the delusion that over a grand for a card that's slightly faster than an already overpriced 1080 is worth it. Seems like we're being programmed to believe these ludicrous prices are somehow good or fair. Ooh so its not 1200 or 1300 and ONLY 1100? Bargain!

Yup, genius marketing at its very best :cool:

Back
Top Bottom