Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
Anyone got any idea why my loot is disapearing after a couple of seconds?

I've just got a basic semi strict filter one.

I've tried loading up a new one, and that hasn't helped, everything was fine yesterday.

try clicking I think Z for loot hiding on/off, loot hiding on will still show stuff hitting your rules for a couple of seconds

Last edited:
Associate
try clicking I think Z for loot hiding on/off, loot hiding on will still show stuff hitting your rules for a couple of seconds

It's still disapearing, if I run over the now invisible item it somethimes shows up, i've tried my own filters and no filter same issue.

Soldato
Yes it's quite a different way of doing things if you're new to it. I may try following a guide for an RF Juggernaut on League to see how I get on. At least I'll have something to follow and some explanation of the logic behind different choices.

What's this "mapping" I keep hearing people refer to?

yeah the game just breaks down in to different stages

campaign - first section
mapping
- white maps
- yellow maps
- red maps

maps go up in tiers and monster level as you work through them. White and Yellow are kinda like farming and gear progressions stages of the game. Red maps is where several end game mechanics and branches kicks in i.e fighting the late game guardian/pinnacle bosses. You need a petty good character and gear to play in red maps for the first time as the difficulty really starts to ramp up.

You'll start to drop maps late campaign, and you can use some of the crafting currency on them to alter how they play

Soldato
yeah the game just breaks down in to different stages

campaign - first section
mapping
- white maps
- yellow maps
- red maps

maps go up in tiers and monster level as you work through them. White and Yellow are kinda like farming and gear progressions stages of the game. Red maps is where several end game mechanics and branches kicks in i.e fighting the late game guardian/pinnacle bosses. You need a petty good character and gear to play in red maps for the first time as the difficulty really starts to ramp up.

You'll start to drop maps late campaign, and you can use some of the crafting currency on them to alter how they play
That makes a lot more sense cheers. So you can alter the maps? :eek: I sense a large rabbit hole opening up...:cry:

Associate
It does have a ridiculous amount of content, most of which is also pretty good. I am chilling with an easy EA champ starter, I've gotten lucky and had 3 raw div drop before hitting yellow maps which have easily funded a decent gear set. I have never been great at grinding currency, I tend to flit from objective to objective playing a little bit of several league mechanics but it keeps me occupied and I don't feel like I'm missing out. I will probably peter out around level 94 as normal and come back to it next season.

It does show how empty the endgame of D4 is though, they have some serious catching up to do!

Soldato
think my frostblade trickster is 92 and ea champ 88. Levelled a pathfinder to 80 ready to try impending doom but with Starfield out and AC6 out last weekend dunno if I'll get round to it now

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I really want to like this game but every time i play it feels like its zoomed in really close compared to the other ARPGS i like and its really off puttting.

Soldato
I really want to like this game but every time i play it feels like its zoomed in really close compared to the other ARPGS i like and its really off puttting.
Yes I would like to be zoomed out further, very narrow FOV. Any config hacks to zoom out a bit?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
It is jarring to begin with but it’s something you get used to and forget about.

People who complained about d4 zoom levels probably won’t ever get used to it

Soldato
Off on a tangent I'm curious to know what class/build people play and why? I'm trying out a few of them to see what I like. So far after less than 10 levels I quite like the Ranger but I'm sure things can change as you level up.

Associate
currently playing bleed bow (puncture with snipe, split arrow for clear) gladiator again, later on switching ascendancy to champion.
prefer bow attack skills. always have. and love bleed explosions or anything with shattering (herald of ice).
cast on crit cyclone is fun too (not sure if it's still a thing).

Last edited:
Associate
What does "switching ascendancy to champion" that mean?
every class later on has an option to pick 1 of 3 ascendancies to further specialize into a certain playstyle.
i.e. Duelist has Champion, Gladiator, Slayer
within those you get basically another mini skill tree to pick specific nodes you'd like with a maximum of 8 points allocated (2per completed lab).

current build i'm doing starts off as gladiator, but later on will switch to champion once a certain gear level has been reached.

Last edited:
Associate
I started with a Saboteur on a cast when damage taken setup doing full screen nonsense with several different skills. I managed to gear to the point of hitting all the cooldown breakpoints, mana cost reduction and enough spell crit chance to create loops. The issue was that there was zero physical damage reduction and seemingly no way to fit it into the build, I could be in the middle of a juiced map surrounded by hundreds of enemies and would be completely fine, then the next moment I'd get one shot by a normal white mob. Too inconsistent and was becoming frustrating.

I've now started a Summon Holy Relic Champion, steady going so far, damage needs to improve but I've got a few options for that moving forward, some are expensive though. I actually used it as a bleed bow build in early levelling and half wish I'd have stayed there now as I was actually having fun with it :cry:

Back
Top Bottom