Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Associate
Was absolutely breezing through core difficulty with this team comp, abusing how easily my MC crits to trigger Outflank and using Ever Ready to give my companions extra AoO thinking I was hot stuff, then I hit the dragon. Absolute road block, spent all night reloading to luck out beating that thing

Sounds nuts, do the hp pools of enemies sky rocket at end game or something?

Wolf just one shot 3 enemies surrounding him 1 level higher than him in one round. Hilarious.
HP pools, AC, amount of permanent buffs on them, the works
Yeah, they all get a bit stupid. I don't know if it was a bug (hehe) but those locust demons, the Mythic ones when you get to Act 5 were resurrecting themselves almost indefinitely every time I killed them

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Was absolutely breezing through core difficulty with this team comp, abusing how easily my MC crits to trigger Outflank and using Ever Ready to give my companions extra AoO thinking I was hot stuff, then I hit the dragon. Absolute road block, spent all night reloading to luck out beating that thing

HP pools, AC, amount of permanent buffs on them, the works
Yeah, they all get a bit stupid. I don't know if it was a bug (he) but those locust demons, the Mythic ones when you get to Act 5 were resurrecting themselves almost indefinitely every time I killed them

Is that the part of the dragon when you first encounter it or once you have it
trapped in the tower with the Storyteller

Dragon keeps interrupting my journeys, I just keep running away.....:cry:

You have to do that at first as you cannot defeat it when you meet it out and about anyway, its only after you have successfully ambushed it and forced it to retreat to its tower that you can actually beat it

Man of Honour
Sounds nuts, do the hp pools of enemies sky rocket at end game or something?

Wolf just one shot 3 enemies surrounding him 1 level higher than him in one round. Hilarious.

The difficulty levels are quite a jump, Normal is significantly easier than Core and Hard is significantly harder than Core. The difference between "slightly weaker enemies" and you only taking 80% damage and "normal enemies" and you taking 100% damage is much bigger than the player might think. Theres also quite a disparity in some mobs, swarms for example are some of the toughest mobs I've faced and sometimes I will run into a mob who is on par with me who is way tougher than a mob higher than me and vice versa. All boils down to their abilities

Associate
Dragon keeps interrupting my journeys, I just keep running away.....:cry:
I'd suggest getting rid of it as soon as you can. She becomes a major nuisance and an important NPC is locked behind that quest

Is that the part of the dragon when you first encounter it or once you have it
trapped in the tower with the Storyteller
The latter. The buff you get for the ambush makes that encounter easy

Man of Honour
I'd suggest getting rid of it as soon as you can. She becomes a major nuisance and an important NPC is locked behind that quest

The latter. The buff you get for the ambush makes that encounter easy

Yeah, I didnt have too much trouble with the Dragon and you are right, definitely get rid of it asap

Associate
The difficulty levels are quite a jump, Normal is significantly easier than Core and Hard is significantly harder than Core. The difference between "slightly weaker enemies" and you only taking 80% damage and "normal enemies" and you taking 100% damage is much bigger than the player might think. Theres also quite a disparity in some mobs, swarms for example are some of the toughest mobs I've faced and sometimes I will run into a mob who is on par with me who is way tougher than a mob higher than me and vice versa. All boils down to their abilities
The checks are the worst part. It gets so much harder to even hit anything
And yeah, I forgot that when I did my first playthrough on a low difficulty you could kill swarms any which way. Started on Core and spent three rounds wondering why I couldn't hurt one

Man of Honour
The checks are the worst part. It gets so much harder to even hit anything
And yeah, I forgot that when I did my first playthrough on a low difficulty you could kill swarms any which way. Started on Core and spent three rounds wondering why I couldn't hurt one

The are some of the toughest mobs I've faced on Hard, I absolutely dread seeing them, fighting that guy made of swarms was a damned nightmare of reloads to try and beat him. Whats his name, Xanthir , that guy, where he busts out into a half dozen swarms. My god that was a tough fight, took me hours and hours of reloading to beat him :)

Associate
The are some of the toughest mobs I've faced on Hard, I absolutely dread seeing them, fighting that guy made of swarms was a damned nightmare of reloads to try and beat him. Whats his name, Xanthir , that guy, where he busts out into a half dozen swarms. My god that was a tough fight, took me hours and hours of reloading to beat him :)
That fight was bugged (hehe again) when I got to it on normal. Think the numbers for damage on his swarms were off as they all did 0 damage to all my characters

Soldato
hnngh I can't stand swarms. I'm not camping out of fear I fail something. E.g the gray garrison I just completed without resting because of the fight in the hall... Then I encounter swarms when I have 0 spells, I luckily had some aoe scrolls which got me through the fight albeit with most of my team dead :D

Man of Honour
Yeah I finally overcame my issues with swarms by giving all of my melee characters Thundering Blows and then they dispose of the swarms when they miss as the thundering blow hits them

Soldato
The encounter with Rigel has to be broken. How do I defeat this fight without relying on the fact that rigel can't be killed and cheese it. I still haven't done it yet but this is the strategy I learned from others... The main issue being as my party is level 6 none of my grease traps work and despite both using glitter dust and the angel aura the damn mobs continue to hit me 4 times in a row per enemy.
Also the friendly npcs only hit for 0... making them instant canon fodder.

Man of Honour
The encounter with Rigel has to be broken. How do I defeat this fight without relying on the fact that rigel can't be killed and cheese it. I still haven't done it yet but this is the strategy I learned from others... The main issue being as my party is level 6 none of my grease traps work and despite both using glitter dust and the angel aura the damn mobs continue to hit me 4 times in a row per enemy.
Also the friendly npcs only hit for 0... making them instant canon fodder.

Its been many dozens of hours since I was at that stage but I dont recall having much trouble with Regill, maybe things are different for me because I am playing as evil

Soldato
Yeah I'm playing good. I'll give summon scrolls a go to see if they can up damage, maybe I should rest and have my bard aura... I couldn't exploit regil because the muppet just doesn't have enough damage. He runs up to the first group of mobs and essentially dies, then just sits on that spot the entire fight playing a sandbag while I'm trying to destroy the hordes. As the 2nd spawn point has nothing between me and them I get mash potatoed.

edit: Just realised I'm 500xp off level 7 so I think I'll come back in a bit.

edit:2 Radiance seems lack luster, is there a way to improve it or should I just use whatever is better?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom