Pay rise Advise

Man of Honour
Give up guys, it's either a troll or a complete lost cause, we've tried at least half a dozen times to clarify it and I'm still none the wiser about whether "salary has increased" that is "NOT A PAY RISE" actually meant salary has increased or he just means he got paid more that year than base salary due to the bonus and base remained the same.

Soldato
If you're like this at work no wonder you aren't getting the pay rise you expect. You're getting the pay rise you deserve.
To All of you , I don't understand why are you making it so complicated?

I explained that the bonus it was added on top of my salary therefore as a result my salary has increased only few £ 100 , PEANUTS ...... It was only 1% per year .Whether you want to call it bonus, salary review/salary increase ,IT IS NOT A PAY RISE

As i explained several times ,This bonus is not based on my performance and achievements but rather a company performance hence why I approached my manager about asking a pay rise . I hope tit is clear for all

The point i also raised with her , It is that based on my job role and experience, the midpoint salary should be around 10% more .So whether i took a salary increase of 1% and you want to call it salary review ,I am still underpaid.

So your salary has increased

my salary has increased

but it isn't a pay rise?
IT IS NOT A PAY RISE

Code:
pay raise
noun
an increase in the amount of money you earn for doing your job

We're definitely not the ones making it so complicated.

Associate
Controversial opinion....
OP does not deserve pay rise based on this thread, he may have a bad manager who does those things, but I'd imagine his communications with said management is atrocious and does not help his cause.

Back
Top Bottom