Paying for your own meal at a wedding?

The amount is £23. I imagine this will not include drinks!
They were in Paris together last weekend with photos of fancy restuarants.
Definately a genuine message.

If I pay it they will not be getting any money in the card at all.

Tempted to go to the ceremony, skip the meal.

Get a Dominos delivered to your seat.

Have these people ever asked you to sponsor them for a skydive or other pursuit that would normally be considered a leisure activity?

Cheeky if you ask me, I bet they expect a gift also.

Father of the bride pays unless she's been married 3 times already and he's strapped for cash now!

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind paying? Weddings are expensive and I think that good friends would be happy to help. I wouldn't ask for wedding gifts, IMO the day and the shared experience is the important part.

Transfer £10 and tell them you're happy with fish and chips.

If you're paying for it then you should be able to choose what to eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind paying? Weddings are expensive and I think that good friends would be happy to help. I wouldn't ask for wedding gifts, IMO the day and the shared experience is the important part.

I wouldn't mind.
times change. we no longer expect the father of the bride to pay. or for church only weddings etc. To many people clinging to silly tradition in this thread.
would be a bit peeved that they didn't put it in the invite though and just randomly ask after you've agreed to go.

Weddings are expensive. So why go beyond your means that you have to resort to asking people to pay for their dinner? Of all of my friends that are married, there's been different levels of expenditure and nobody was ever asked to contribute to the cost. And we had just a good a time at the registry office / a couple grand behind the bar events as the full blown gypsy wedding type affairs.

Weddings are expensive. So why go beyond your means that you have to resort to asking people to pay for their dinner? Of all of my friends that are married, there's been different levels of expenditure and nobody was ever asked to contribute to the cost. And we had just a good a time at the registry office / a couple grand behind the bar events as the full blown gypsy wedding type affairs.

Let's be honest and say this is nothing but tradition and custom. There are plenty of other events where the person hosting wouldn't be expected to pay for everything.

Back
Top Bottom