Payraise.. how much do you expect? how much did you get?

Associate
Public sector here, my role is 20% down in real terms since 2010. I'm expecting another real terms pay cut this year after something just about reasonable last year.

Soldato
12% last year base salary increase plus bonus increased from 10% to 12.5%. This year company wants to retain my services and has offered a retention bonus of 33% of salary. US Tech company.
SQMlJQo.gif

Waiting to hear how much, there has been a boost in certain benefits we get so cant complain.

Don
I worked with a guy who was paying emergency tax for years and didn't notice it until he spotted the difference in tax between his payslip and someone elses.. lol

Yeah I've been on X tax code jobs before, I always got the money back, I had the option to have it paid monthly (boring) or via a cheque (new toys!)

Soldato
How the **** are you supposed to live on £90 a week? That's barely existing, let alone living.
it's £84 at the.moment and you have to jump through hoops for that, I guess if I was a renter they would pay that, or had kids income support would kick in .
Also with it being based on national insurance contributions I still pay for everything like dental costs ect, over 6k savings no council tax reduction

Soldato
I'm hoping to get a decent pay increase this year.

My boss said it's with HR so been approved by management.

I don't know what it will be I'm hoping for 20% maybe more, I know for a fact I'm the lowest paid in my team and I think even some of the people lower down are probably earning more so I kicked up a bit of a fuss this time.

Man of Honour
Wasn't expecting much, maybe 3% but looks like I'll be getting ~12% over 2 different uplifts this year, though it isn't confirmed yet.

Associate
3.3% pay rise last year, but a 17% bonus for exceeding expectations on my appraisal. But it cost me my stomach, as I got acid reflux for my hard work :(

So this year I slowed down as my heath is more important so dont expect much

Back
Top Bottom