*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
I didn't bother with Aliens Vs Predator as you can buy a boxed copy from amazon for just over £1 cheaper if i ever wanted it.

Did buy FM 2012 for £6.77, cant see boxed copies going that cheap for a while.

Should i go for Dead Island on steam for £7.99?...I'm hearing conflicting reports of its quality and it might go even cheaper soon.

Associate
Shogun II total war is going for £5 on Play.com. Free delivery as well :)
(Steam is like £20-30
And since its new copies, you can register them on steam and it will be forever tied to that account!

Your welcome ;D

Associate
I was pondering Metro 2033 on other sites but hadn't got around to it. Now it's on Steam for that price I have no excuse :). It will give me a shooty break from Skyrim.

2hrs 35mins to download :O I really want FTTc, grumble, grumble.

Last edited:
Permabanned
you dont need a MEGA rig to run metro playably, i finished it on a 460gtx 768mb version on high settings and it looked really nice and played fine too. Great game though one of my favourites recently

True... but Metro's graphics are so special IMO - the lighting is fantastic - it's not worth playing on turned down settings... save the experience when you can run it in all its glory (with the exception of advanced DoF - I don't notice an image quality difference, only a massive frame rate drop).

I started playing Metro on crossfire 5770s... think I had to keep it down to 1280x720 with no AA to get it anywhere near playable, even without Adv Dof... it was still not a great frame rate :(

I decided to stop and wait til there was something out that good play it properly... finally have the capability to play at 2560x1440 with everything on and AAA :)

Soldato
not sure if this has been posted

street fighter 4 arcade edition from shopto for £6.85 delivered

just ordered as I've got fed up with playing vs the same 10 people on laggy PS3

Associate
True... but Metro's graphics are so special IMO - the lighting is fantastic - it's not worth playing on turned down settings... save the experience when you can run it in all its glory (with the exception of advanced DoF - I don't notice an image quality difference, only a massive frame rate drop).

I started playing Metro on crossfire 5770s... think I had to keep it down to 1280x720 with no AA to get it anywhere near playable, even without Adv Dof... it was still not a great frame rate :(

I decided to stop and wait til there was something out that good play it properly... finally have the capability to play at 2560x1440 with everything on and AAA :)

+1
Only game I have played maxed out that used 2.7GB of VRAM
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20626849&postcount=13981

Associate

strange that you had to cripple the resolution so much, i played it at 1920 x1080

still the best looking game ive played. .sadly i cant afford those high end cards :(

Back
Top Bottom