*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
I don't currently have any of the command & conquer games, worth picking up with full set? can pick up the first 12 for about 5 or 6 quid, either that or wait for a sale on the ultimate edition which includes the whole lot.

Soldato
I don't currently have any of the command & conquer games, worth picking up with full set? can pick up the first 12 for about 5 or 6 quid, either that or wait for a sale on the ultimate edition which includes the whole lot.

That's a toughie... they're good games for sure (for the most part), but obviously each iteration builds on the previous one in a way that for me if I was going to get and play them all I'd have to start from the first one and work through - going back to an earlier one would feel very restrictive otherwise after playing a modern one (mostly from a gameplay/systems perspective rather than a graphical one)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
It was Zavvi, and it turned out that they had copied the description directly from the Origin store. Although they had confirmed it to everyone that asked, it turned out that the expansions would NOT be included. They changed the description without informing anyone and as far as I know people are waiting for replies to see if Zavvi will honour their mistake. At this point though it seems unlikely.

I am still sorting out this mess. They have indirectly hinted that they wont honour this and done next to nothing to apologise or even simply clear things up and admit it was a mistake.

They have taken my cash and order and left it with the new order ie base game and 1 expansion which is unacceptable imo. Changing the conditions of the order without even telling the customer is wrong.

Paypal transacton still not sorted either its a complete mess. Not impressed with them at all.

Last edited:
Associate
I am still sorting out this mess. They have indirectly hinted that they wont honour this and done next to nothing to apologise or even simply clear things up and admit it was a mistake.

They have taken my cash and order and left it with the new order ie base game and 1 expansion which is unacceptable imo. Changing the conditions of the order without even telling the customer is wrong.

Paypal transacton still not sorted either its a complete mess. Not impressed with them at all.

Sorry to hear yes its clearly a mistake from Zavvi an they seem to want to gain from it glad I did'nt try my luck by ordering from them.

Associate
Having trouble with simplycdkeys, tried to buy a game twice and had the payment declined twice but when I check my paypal account the money has been sent. Sent them an email about it 48 hours ago and still no reply!

Soldato
Well for £3.74 it is worth the risk imho. Red Alert 3 is already 5 years old and still working. I don't think you'll have a problem for many years to come yet. I mean there is very little these days you can buy for £3.74 that will give you hours of enjoyment, Red Alert 3 that is! ;)

Fair warning that C&C 4 is pretty rubbish, I've owned it for a while now and still haven't managed to play it for more than a few hours before getting annoyed and quitting. That is coming from a long time fan of the series from the C&C 95 days and enjoyed every game but that one.

If it comes down to it, just get Red Alert 3. :)

Thanks for the detailed reply! :)

RA2 was always a favourite and I've got the addon for RA3 in the Humble Bundle so I'll probably take the plunge, the missus will get it as well as I've seen it's got co-op so that sounds good.

C&C4, I've been reading some reviews and you're right it does sound blooming awful, part of the reason I avoided it in the first place.

The fact that you have to be online all the time to unlock units in skirmish is nothing short of scandalous, C&C always unlocked everything in skirmish mode at the start, that was the whole point of it!

Still...as you say £3.74 isn't too much to lay out but it's more on principle that I object.

I note your point on keeping the servers alive but read this quote from PC Gamer, now on Games Radar:

A nasty catch to playing C&C4 is having to log into EA’s servers before launching the game, even for single-player. Considering that EA recently shut down servers for the less than two-year-old Mercenaries 2, I’m not enthusiastic about buying a product that depends on active servers to play. The multiplayer battles are good enough fun once you’ve ranked up, but a potentially short-lived service is a dagger dangling over our heads.

Associate
Looks like a cd key issue (duplicate cd key) with the Tomb Raider bundle - its now "Currently Unavailable". I assume until they fix it.

AmazonTony said:
Hey there,

Been responding to this around the internet this morning. We've been working on this issue for the past hour or so and should have it resolved shortly. We've purged all existing keys from our system and uploaded a new, fresh batch. We'll be putting the bundle back on sale shortly and everyone who was affected will get a new key in their Game and Software Library.

Apologies to anyone who was negatively impacted by this issue.

Associate
4 more games added to the Humble Indie Bundle 9:

4uywx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom