*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
Can anyone remember what happened with the bf4 pre order that included all the expansions for £35

It was Zavvi, and it turned out that they had copied the description directly from the Origin store. Although they had confirmed it to everyone that asked, it turned out that the expansions would NOT be included. They changed the description without informing anyone and as far as I know people are waiting for replies to see if Zavvi will honour their mistake. At this point though it seems unlikely.

Soldato
Anyone received info on the free game from Gamefly 2K sale? Didn't get any kind of notification during the purchase phase. Seems a bit odd we don't find out for 10 days. They say its while stocks last, but who the heck knows how many they might have and is it a first come first serve thing?
The whole way they are dealing with it seems a bit dubious to me.

EDIT : You only get a free game if they have any stock left of Mafia 2 after the sale. So If everyone actually buys Mafia 2 no one will get a free copy.
Reply I got from them.

'You will get a key while key stocks last during the sale timeframe. If we were to run out of keys before the sale is over, we would be unable to provide keys at that point.'

Last edited:
Associate
The GAT V DLC pack for Saints Row 4, is free on steam for today only, grab it while you can..

Just got the DLC pack for free don't have the actual game yet but still worked.

Are GameFly safe/good site Formerly Direct2Drive.co.uk.
Edit
Have now bought Bioshock Infinite an Civ V Brave New World from GameFly for £7.99 each no problems got both keys in few minutes at both activated on steam.

Last edited:
Soldato
Red Alert 3 and C&C4 are on offer on Steam for £3.74 each...ends in around 7 hours.

I really can't decide...I've played C&C since the beginning and would love to see the end of the storyline but at the same time I hate the thought of the permanent online connection...and what happens of EA decides to switch their servers off in a couple of years?

Soldato
Red Alert 3 and C&C4 are on offer on Steam for £3.74 each...ends in around 7 hours.

I really can't decide...I've played C&C since the beginning and would love to see the end of the storyline but at the same time I hate the thought of the permanent online connection...and what happens of EA decides to switch their servers off in a couple of years?

Well for £3.74 it is worth the risk imho. Red Alert 3 is already 5 years old and still working. I don't think you'll have a problem for many years to come yet. I mean there is very little these days you can buy for £3.74 that will give you hours of enjoyment, Red Alert 3 that is! ;)

Fair warning that C&C 4 is pretty rubbish, I've owned it for a while now and still haven't managed to play it for more than a few hours before getting annoyed and quitting. That is coming from a long time fan of the series from the C&C 95 days and enjoyed every game but that one.

If it comes down to it, just get Red Alert 3. :)

Back
Top Bottom