*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
Bought quite a few games from them too. They're always the cheapest for pre-order games which I've done a few times. I can't see how a website selling pre-order keys could be anything but legit anyway... I mean how would you obtain keys illegally ahead of or on the release date?

Fair point indeed, I'm new to all this game stuff :)

Soldato
Bought quite a few games from them too. They're always the cheapest for pre-order games which I've done a few times. I can't see how a website selling pre-order keys could be anything but legit anyway... I mean how would you obtain keys illegally ahead of or on the release date?
The same way all the other illegitimate keys are acquired: by buying big batches with stolen credit cards.

Soldato
well if the publishes/Steam whatever dont spot that as dodgy they only have themselves to blame.
Well, one time Ubisoft withdrew a big batch of stolen keys. This meant lots of people who had bought the game (but bought from dodgy key sites) suddenly had their games disappearing from Steam/Uplay.

Despite Ubisoft having been stolen from, the public relations fallout of withdrawing the keys, with the outcry from the buyers of those stolen goods, meant that Ubi wound up actually looking like the bad guys. They cut their losses and reinstated the keys.

All that said, My first post was a little black and white. Some (many?) of those cheap keys will be bought from cheaper territories, so the publisher gets some money rather than the £0 they get from the stolen ones.

I'd personally still buy AAA games from keysites, on the basis that they are more likely to be greymarket rather than stolen - more disparate regional pricing than for indies - and more able to swallow the loss if they are nicked. I wouldn't buy an Indie title from there, though.

Soldato
Has rise of the tomb raider ever been discounted on steam?. I'm a cheap skate.

Rise of The Tomb Raider (20 year celebration edition) is going for £15.99 on Humble Bundle just now. https://www.humblebundle.com/store/...ingSale_store_20170518&utm_content=Grid_Image

There's quite a few great deals there at the moment.

Vampire®: The Masquerade - Bloodlines for £3.74 (I'm playing this just now and it rocks!)
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - £11.99

Just picked up Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (75% off @ £7.49) and Deadpool (50% @ £14.99) myself. Be nice to have something a bit more light hearted to play for a change...

Last edited:
Soldato
OMG Deadly Premonition is part of a Bundle for only 95p!! The game is usually £20 and has a huge cult following. I haven't played it myself yet but I picked it up a few weeks back. Been waiting to finish Cry of Fear before starting it.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/deviant-bundle

Oh man there's going to be so many deals on this month - I can't cope! I'm up to 253 games in my collection, 100+ have been bought this year... HELP!

Soldato
OMG Deadly Premonition is part of a Bundle for only 95p!! The game is usually £20 and has a huge cult following. I haven't played it myself yet but I picked it up a few weeks back. Been waiting to finish Cry of Fear before starting it.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/deviant-bundle

Oh man there's going to be so many deals on this month - I can't cope! I'm up to 253 games in my collection, 100+ have been bought this year... HELP!
Its a great 95p. Poncho is also excellent.

Soldato
The Steam reviews for Deadly Premonition are a bit hit and miss. From what i can gather its down to the game crashing a lot rather than the game being bad. For £1 i'll give it a go though, if I can remember my login details.

Soldato
The Steam reviews for Deadly Premonition are a bit hit and miss. From what i can gather its down to the game crashing a lot rather than the game being bad. For £1 i'll give it a go though, if I can remember my login details.

The game has been patched a couple of teams since release. The steam version should already have the most recent one (1.01b). There is a further unofficial patch that can be added on top of that one for further fixes and stability. Link: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=438

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom