Pearleasnt Liquid cooling mix

Soldato
wear and tear of the liquid right, your tests showed it was safe on the loop parts!

Galaxy or nebula i'm not sure which one but I WANTZ

Probs galaxy;)

Associate
wear and tear of the liquid right, your tests showed it was safe on the loop parts!

Galaxy or nebula i'm not sure which one but I WANTZ

Probs galaxy;)

Galaxy for definate!

Purple is the way forward. Who wants blue, red and green when you can have purple!

Everyone knows purple is the best!

On a more serious note UV does tend to be bit of a bugger when it comes to watercooling and liquids.

Ive yet to come across a UV liquid that does what it says. That being said ive only tried purple fluids and I have not yet tried the Mayhems pre-mix UV purple.

That being said I will most likely go to clear LED lighting instead of my UV and just use the Galaxy :)

I also have no issue swapping the fluid once every 6 months. I really cant wait for this product to hit the shelves!

Associate
OP
The swap out times relay depends on amount of uee if the system is hammered day in day out on a high end pump this time may be reduced to 4 Months. The 6 months test is on a system under normal use on/off 12 hours a day under a 10w DDC. A 18w DDC on 24/7 may reduce the time of the pearl. We cannot give 100% accurate answers to what will work and what will last as there is so many permutations and so many different types of equipment its impossible.

All we really can say is this liquid will not work on all equipment and we will do a full list of what's been tested and what passed and failed. Ill be doing that in the next few days with full info and recommendation on what works under our testing and what doesn't.

There are a few companies who refused us equipment to test and a few that said they would send us equipment and then didn't so we can only work with what we have.

Mainly the Euro companies have been most forth coming and Koolance.

Soldato
fair enough. ive got an 18w DDC running at 60% power via aquaero and my PC is on max 5 hrs a day so maybe I can hope for more longevity of the aurora fluid, heres hoping...

how much more viscous is it? in lasgnas tests on youtube i was surprised it was closer to water than I had imagined. so maybe we dont need to turn our pump speeds up too much, if it all?

Associate
OP
Every one was given different levels of viscosity to test and we settled on a closer to water version. The pearl drops out more quickly when the pump is left off how ever it is picked back up quickly, were as when the liquid is less viscus the pearl doesn't settle as quick how ever has a tendency to stick to ever thing and puts more pressure on the pumps.

Associate
OP
The particles nano particles that cause the effect. It works in the same way as car paint. It may use different materials, Mlwood will have to clarify that one though.

Yes it works the same the only difference is car paint uses metal we use some thing different to do the same job.

Associate
OP
Mayhem’s Aurora - Official release details - Release date Should be Nov 2011

Mayhem's 'Aurora'' range of liquids are perfect for a myriad of differing computer enthusiasts. The liquid reflects light back in a plethora of swirls and differs greatly from anything currently available. A coolant that is not only striking to view inside a computer system, but it is a fluid that will entice the consumer with it's never ending patterns of light that cascade throughout.

The aforementioned Aurora' range is based on our proprietary blend of refined vegetable extracts, of which are fully biodegradable and have a very low order of oral toxicity. The bottle comes with a Child Safety Cap as well as a spout to enable the consumer can fill all manner of systems easily. This range of coolants is recommended for use in systems where an ‘environmentally friendly’ product is preferred. It also contains non-toxic (GRAS) multi-metal inhibitors, formulated to protect the water cooling equipment and associated systems against corrosion, scale and biological fouling. This prolongs equipment life and thermal efficiency.

All though every effort has been made to produce this liquid there is no guarantee it will work on all systems. Mayhem’s is not responsible if this liquid does not work in the end users system.

Properties & Benefits

• Can be used with all of Mayhems Dyes to make your very own colours
  • Child Safety Cap
  • Removable spout
  • Blended with Non-Toxic Corrosion & Scale Inhibitors for protection of Copper, Brass, Steel, Nickel and Aluminium Proven to ASTM D3306 and BS6580 standards
  • Very low oral toxicity, less than propylene glycol
  • -35c freezing point
  • Generally Recognised as Safe (GRAS) by the US Food & Drug Administration as food a additive
  • Mobilisers to prevent scale or sludge filming
  • Boiling Point : up to 100° C (pressure dependent)
  • 85% Bio-degradable Within 30 Days
  • Bitter taste additives to prevent consumption
  • Can be stored for up to 3 years (if stored in a cool dry environment)
  • Made in the UK

Tested equipment

Manufacturer / Part / Pass or Fail

XSPC / RASA / PASS
XSPC / Laing DDC 200ml Reservoir Pump Top / PASS
XSPC / RS240 /PASS
XSPC / Single 5.25″ Bay Reservoir /PASS
XSPC / Duel 5.25″ Bay Reservoir / PASS
XSPC / Single Slot Pump & Reservoir combo / FAIL *
XSPC / X20 750 Pump & Reservoir combo / FAIL *
XSPC / Laing Duel Bay res (single Pump) / FAIL **
XSPC / Laing Duel Bay Res (duel DDC Pumps) / PASS

Phobya / DC12-400 12 Volt Pump / PASS
Phobya / DC12-800 12 Volt Pump / PASS
Phobya / Balancer 150 Black Nickel / PASS
Phobya / S.1366 / 1156 Water Block / PASS
Phobya / G-Changer 240 / PASS

Koolance / CPU-370 (with small restriction plate) / PASS
Koolance / CPU-370 (restriction plate removed.) / PASS

Laing / DDC 10w / PASS
Laing / DDC 18w / PASS

Watercooling / Heat Killer (With Restriction Plate) / PASS
Watercooling / Heat Killer (Without Restriction Plate) / PASS

EK WB / Supreme LT AMD Acetal AMR3 / PASS
EK WB / Supreme HF (restriction plate removed.) EN / PASS
EK WB / Supreme HF (with restriction plate) EN / PASS
EK WB / 460 Old Plated GPU Block / PASS

* Reservoir’s with Inbuilt Pumps do not work well as the pump vents suck in the pearl and do not release it.

** Single DDC / D5 Reservoir has large opening on right hand side were the water is dead and does not move this causes the pearl to drop out of suspension and lay.

The best type of reservoir is a tube reservoir as the pearl cannot lay any ware and is in constant movement. Bay reservoirs with good flow throughout the reservoir are also recommended. Injection moulded plastics may have a problem however this has not been confirmed.

Before Using Mayhems Aurora +

The system must be clean and have no chemicals of any kind left in the system. There must be no bleach, biocide and anti corrosive inhibitors. We recommend you flush your system with Either DI water or Mayhem’s Ultra Pure H20 Before use. Mayhems Aurora has Biocides and inhibitors included in the Mixture.

DO NOT USE WITH INLINE FILTERS OF ANY TYPE. THESE WILL CAUSE THE SYSTEM TO BLOCK UP.

Release Colours -

Normal Colours

• Silver Pearl and Clear Liquid
  • Gold Pearl and Clear Liquid
  • Blue Pearl and Clear Liquid
  • Red Pearl and Clear Liquid

Mixed Colours

• Silver Pearl and Red Liquid
  • Silver Pearl and Blue Liquid
  • Silver, Red, Blue Pearl and Deep Purple Liquid
  • Silver Pearl and Pink Liquid
  • Gold Pearl and Purple
  • Silver Pearl and Deep Green

I have now reduced it down to only 1 Type of Liquid Aurora + has replaced Aurora to stop people buying the wrong product for the wrong block. So it will all be called "Mayhem's Aurora".

I had a word with Paul of XSPC and he thinks that it will easily pass on the new Raystorm block as the channels is the same as other blocks its the Depth that is deeper than others.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
+1... if there is bright green :p

I'm thinking of running dual loops in my rig. One blu, one green

To get bright green you will need UV Green dye + Aurora Super Nova. I wont be doing a bright green as a pre-mix, it doesn't look good as silver + Bright Green are to close on the light spectrum.

Associate
OP
Make sure you read the instructions on the web sites when it goes live.

Were currently working on a new web site for Nov with full details for Aurora & Pastel range. It has what we tested on and what passed and failed. You will need to read this as some Reservoirs do not have good flow and if you got one that doesn't the liquid will not work.

We will not grantee it will work on all systems....

Associate
OP
We have now created a wiki pages for tested equipment so you guys know what we have tested.

We will update the page with new Products we have tested or users have tested so that you will know what works with the fluids.

You can submit new reports of tested products and we will update accordingly.

http://mayhems-aurora.wikispaces.com/

I think this is the first ever water cooling fluid for PCs that has a wiki lol.

Mick

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom