Pentagon releases UFO footage

Suspended
No, it was possible all along if it was achieved. Mass moving at the speed of light is possible, mass moving past it is not.

Mass moving at the speed of light isn't possible because the energy requirement for that is infinity, but that obviously isn't the method anyone would choose to travel the sort of distances required because even travelling at the speed of the light the distances between stars would mean journey times of years, decades or centuries.

Soldato
Mass moving at the speed of light isn't possible because the energy requirement for that is infinity, but that obviously isn't the method anyone would choose to travel the sort of distances required because even travelling at the speed of the light the distances between stars would mean journey times of years, decades or centuries.

Well, mass becomes infinite, but don’t get too hung up on the analogy.

Last edited:
Associate
We just have to create an engine that accelerates us at 9.8g coz then you have the equivent of gravity. The only problem is chemistry only goes so far, we need e=mc2 engines.

It's been pointed out that if you could create such a drive you would reach of the speed of light in 354 days, but don't forget to turn around and slow down coz that'll also take 354 days.

Soldato
How will find out if they lied?”
He said he is happy to give them details down to precise names, dates, locations, projects and the people involved e.c.t Which if its real he had access to that information via his job. So he gives them that info they look into it. They either see he told the truth or see he lied and put him in jail.
Is seems a pretty big risk on his part to lie like that given the consequences. Not only does he have major consequences if he lied. He is gaining nothing from lying and has no motivation we know about to lie.

Man of Honour
He said he is happy to give them details down to precise names, dates, locations, projects and the people involved e.c.t Which if its real he had access to that information via his job. So he gives them that info they look into it. They either see he told the truth or see he lied and put him in jail.
Is seems a pretty big risk on his part to lie like that given the consequences. Not only does he have major consequences if he lied. He is gaining nothing from lying and has no motivation we know about to lie.

What does e.c.t. stand for?

Associate
No, it was possible all along if it was achieved. Mass moving at the speed of light is possible, mass moving past it is not.

Why not?

The Lorentz factor describes what happens as you accelerate towards c. The equation breaks down at speeds greater than c. The implication being that you can’t accelerate to lightspeed, or through it. But the equation breaking down doesn’t imply that faster than light travel is impossible. The simple fact of the matter is than our current physics has no explanation for what the Lorentz equation means at speeds greater than c. (Although there are some massive problems with causality if you could)

The point being it’s impossible to predict what a vastly more advanced technology could or couldn’t do if we’re at a much lower level.

Personally I think there’s something in this story. Don‘t know if it’s aliens but its decidedly odd.

Soldato
Why not?

The Lorentz factor describes what happens as you accelerate towards c. The equation breaks down at speeds greater than c. The implication being that you can’t accelerate to lightspeed, or through it. But the equation breaking down doesn’t imply that faster than light travel is impossible. The simple fact of the matter is than our current physics has no explanation for what the Lorentz equation means at speeds greater than c. (Although there are some massive problems with causality if you could)

The point being it’s impossible to predict what a vastly more advanced technology could or couldn’t do if we’re at a much lower level.

Personally I think there’s something in this story. Don‘t know if it’s aliens but its decidedly odd.

Of all the points to argue in this thread you pick this one lol. That’s pretty funny.

Associate
……80,000ft to sea level in a 12ftx6ft tick tack shaped craft. So Mach 70, sonic boom cone maybe a couple of hundred miles across and oh yeah 70 sonic booms at 70hz. 15 mile high column of plasma visible to the horizon. You’d expect at least a few hundred reports of a very bright light from passenger planes.

I think the point I was trying to make is that because none of the above happened we still can’t discount the story. I’m not saying it’s alien technology, I have no idea what happened apart from something odd, but if it was we couldn’t use our current level of understanding to say whether or not manoeuvering like that was possible without the physical effects you describe.

Soldato
I think the point I was trying to make is that because none of the above happened we still can’t discount the story. I’m not saying it’s alien technology, I have no idea what happened apart from something odd, but if it was we couldn’t use our current level of understanding to say whether or not manoeuvering like that was possible without the physical effects you describe.

Sure, plenty of potential theories could explain reports like these, some are even pretty reasonable, others though are far beyond reasonable belief.

Soldato
They come all that way - almost indescribable distances - and then hide away from us for decades.

Yeah makes absolute sense.

Oh yeah, the big question of why. Why would a species with a level of technology that could explain these reports even bother. It’s very unlikely they would come in peace.

Last edited:
Associate
Why didn't he do that yesterday?

Does the oath timeout at midnight?

Last edited:
Soldato
Why didn't he do that yesterday?

Does the oath timeout at midnight?
What do you mean why didn't he do that? He said that under oath yesterday that he will give them the full details. Like I said its a pretty big consequence to lie out. You come across like you think being under oath doesn't matter and its just like two people talking at the pub. Well its not.

Associate
What do you mean why didn't he do that? He said that under oath yesterday that he will give them the full details. Like I said its a pretty big consequence to lie out. You come across like you think being under oath doesn't matter and its just like two people talking at the pub. Well its not.
What consequences if it's found he lied? Nah beyond some headlines I haven't followed it. Would have clicked if it was 'Here's ET!'. We're at the hearsay stage, which is where we were before.

Back
Top Bottom