Pentagon releases UFO footage

Soldato
It's an interesting update on this story.

So we have unidentified flying objects doing crazy tricks and there is no answer to what it is.

We have unidentified objects with publicly released information :) if we had access to classified military information they would be identified flying objects :)

Soldato
The idea these things have little green men in them is ridiculous. If they are from another world they are going to be AI driven, most likely just some kind of probe.

Soldato
We have unidentified objects with publicly released information :) if we had access to classified military information they would be identified flying objects :)

The reason these things have previously remained classified is because they don’t know what they are not because they do.

Man of Honour
I get that but feet as a unit of measurement is a fairly arbitrary one. Not based off anything in nature. Think it was literally based off a kings foot size?! So if it was aliens it'd be highly suspect that whatever unit of measurement they use they were hovering at exactly 20k human feet.

Off the top of my head, I think a foot was defined as a multiple of an inch. In England, an inch was defined as the distance covered by three fat barleycorns side by side. Which sounds weird to us but made a lot of sense in medieval England. Grains of barley are quite consistent in size. The consistency of the measurement is enhanced by using 3 (thus averaging out differences) and by specifying fat barleycorns (thus ruling out people sifting through sacks of barley to find unusually small ones). Barley was available everywhere and a few grains cost pretty much nothing. They last for years and can be easily carried around. It was a good definition for the time and place. It's all about the barleycorns!

I'll look that up...sort of yes, Edward II, early 14th century. Although the absolutely official standard was markings on a bar in the capitol, that wasn't very practical. But "foot" is a borrowing from a Roman unit and I don't know where that came from. Maybe it was a Roman king's foot. Maybe it was something else. But there have been many different lengths for a foot (some far too big to be almost anyone's foot) in various places and at various times and the modern British foot definitely wasn't based on anyone's foot.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Explained logically and using maths & optical physics the info already available onscreen: The ufo by the sea was actually nowhere near the sea level...

The rest is psychology of the human brain in the heat of the moment.

Caporegime
Explained logically and using maths & optical physics the info already available onscreen: The ufo by the sea was actually nowhere near the sea level...

The rest is psychology of the human brain in the heat of the moment.

So a random former game developer has all the answers above and beyond people that were there. The pilots interview was far more interesting on the subject, this guy is talking like he knows how the systems on these planes work when he obviously doesn't.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So it was aliens then? Let's face reality for a sec :p

Ignoring the fact that this guest previously was a game developer, he's pretty active in the debunking scene with a channel dedicated to that and Professor David Kipping doesn't feature guests on his videos that would otherwise cast doubt on his channel and teaching.

Caporegime

Ignoring the fact that this guest previously was a game developer, he's pretty active in the debunking scene with a channel dedicated to that and Professor David Kipping doesn't feature guests on his videos that would otherwise cast doubt on his channel and teaching.

We don't know what it was, neither does he. He's making a guess at what it was and that's about it. I find it very hard to believe that Pilots and a Carrier were somehow fooled by a Balloon blowing along on the breeze.

Man of Honour
Second bit - the jovial way they are joking about also kind of matches - looks like bored pilots throwing something from a plane (obviously not a fighter - maybe a KC-135, etc.) to mess with the Magnus effect (or something along those lines) for LOLs and then finding it amusing to try and get a track on it.

"Look at it fly" kind of implies they know what the object is or at least were anticipating something being thrown.

Soldato

I'd usually agree but watching Rogan interview the pilot just now, it's definitely something very strange. Fighter pilots are very good at judging the things they see and aren't easily fooled. Whatever it was amazed him and another pilot and even jammed their systems. There are other things too but you really need to watch the video.

(When he closed in to investigate it, he got within half a mile of it - could clearly see it straight in front with his own eyes - and it completely vanished, only to reappear on radar about 60 miles away about 30 seconds later. Very odd.)

Last edited:
Soldato
35 minutes in and I have to agree.

My question is. If we don't know what it is and they're obviously confident its not ours or Russian, Chinese ect otherwise it would be classified. Then what else does that leave?

Something that is so advanced the American government know there is no point trying to intercept / shoot down..

The implications of what they are saying are profound.. There are three options it's made up /the guys are now who they say they are, it's extra terrestrial life or something else I'm not thinking of

Soldato
Second bit - the jovial way they are joking about also kind of matches - looks like bored pilots throwing something from a plane (obviously not a fighter - maybe a KC-135, etc.) to mess with the Magnus effect (or something along those lines) for LOLs and then finding it amusing to try and get a track on it.

"Look at it fly" kind of implies they know what the object is or at least were anticipating something being thrown.

There are only really two options (considering the multiple accounts and sources of info) they are making it up or its aliens.. 1 account and meh they could be mistaken, but the hole story... Personally I can only believe its made up, I'd love to think it's true..

Man of Honour
There are only really two options (considering the multiple accounts and sources of info) they are making it up or its aliens.. 1 account and meh they could be mistaken, but the hole story... Personally I can only believe its made up, I'd love to think it's true..

First bit is kind of weird - they don't sound like they are joking around, etc. but it kind of looks like an insect on the lens - no idea if that is actually possible.

Second segment they are blatantly joking around - no way they'd be that casual and jovial if there was an unidentified object of note in proximity until they knew it wasn't a threat.

Back
Top Bottom