people are stupid, and they don't listen, but why?

Soldato
when did people stop listening?
What, did someone say something. :p
why don't people listen, to somone who has more experience, a better understanding of things, and frankly, a higher IQ?
More seriously people do listen, they just don't agree. Why should they. Just because someone has more experience, a better understanding of things, and frankly, a higher IQ doesn't mean they're right.

Last edited:
Soldato
why don't people listen, to somone who has more experience, a better understanding of things, and frankly, a higher IQ?
well clearly not a higher IQ other wise they would know the reason(s).

people only learn from making there own mistakes, generally speaking. its teh whole negative re-inforcement.
we very often only see a portion of whats going on in peoples lives, some times there are other mitigating factors were not aware of that drive actions
hindsigh is perfect. lets invent a time machine. untill then we're stuck with reality and the reality of the the situation(s) created and people find them selfs in.
the world could be a much better place but it isnt.
people think "it will never happen to me"
don't respect their seniors.
manners and respect have erode over the years with the advent of technologies.
the world has changed and society is rushing to keep up.

as some thoughts.

Soldato
Yes ofc, I'm a bit lazy with my one handed capitals, as it can be quite the stretch , and switching caps on to make one capital and then turning caps off, is just a recipie for shouting and having to mess with it all agai, when I could use both hands, and had a full brain, things were a bit different, honest!

Have you considered using the voice to text functionality in Windows? I've actually used it sometimes when I couldn't be bothered to type something quite lengthy.

Associate
is it genetic,? are a lot of people just idiots at birth? or is stupidity something one learns from ones enviroment, or just a lack of tuition into learning from others?
do they need to be bitten many times by dogs that they are told not to pet, or robbed too often from open windows they were told to close, I've seen so many people not listen to what they were told, and are worse off because of it who eventually confess that they should has listened.
b
ut why? why don't they just listen in the first place? is it a lack of maturity, of simply infllated egos?
surely, the main reason that humans are as well off a we are is because of our ability to pass on wisdom, and skills.
w
hen did people stop listening?
and why?
let me know what you think, while i try to get off this high horse, I think this Nag has been taking cocaine.
How would you rate someones IQ? Just from a first interaction of course.
Poor spelling? Poor grammar? Poor punctuation?

Don't listen to me though, I'm stupid.:D

Associate
yeah, I have to type one handed using only half of my brain, and that half is pretty tired today already, I make a lof of mistakes as I go, and end up removing whole, better words then replace them with something easier to type , you should see the mess I make before a final edit, that is so bad
I'm not doing lines, I'm just speculating on how my horse got so high
This posts could be interpreted in a certain way.

Soldato
OP
Have you considered using the voice to text functionality in Windows? I've actually used it sometimes when I couldn't be bothered to type something quite lengthy.
I have, but I also have a broad yorkshire accent, so I can have some problems being understood by electronic devices, so it's a ballache trying to speak the queen's, or is it the king's english now?

Last edited:
Soldato
is it genetic,? are a lot of people just idiots at birth? or is stupidity something one learns from ones enviroment, or just a lack of tuition into learning from others?
do they need to be bitten many times by dogs that they are told not to pet, or robbed too often from open windows they were told to close, I've seen so many people not listen to what they were told, and are worse off because of it who eventually confess that they should has listened
but why? why don't they just listen in the first place? is it a lack of maturity, of simply infllated egos?
surely, the main reason that humans are as well off a we are is because of our ability to pass on wisdom, and skills
and why?
let me know what you think, while i try to get off this high horse, I think this Nag has been taking cocaine

What you need is a big stick.

Everyone understands the stick.

Last edited:
Soldato

100% this!

These people have, TBF, always been out there, but now with access to the internet as easy as a simple grunt of "wifi password" these people and their stupidity are now available for everyone to see, making it look like there's more of them now than ever before which just isn't true, they're just more visible now.

My particular favourite Dunning-Kruger is "instant internet experts" who, with zero training, knowledge or expertise, after a quick 5 seconds of thought instantly know the solution to every complex problem and are very happy to tell the people who've actually spent decades on gaining the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to carry out a complex task exactly how "they would've done it way betterer m8, its simples innit!!!!!" with zero self awareness, utterly unaware of what a plank they are.

Last edited:
Soldato

I can't possibly imagine why people wouldn't listen to a someone who sounds like a preachy condescending **** womble with a superiority complex.

Soldato
do they need to be bitten many times by dogs that they are told not to pet, or robbed too often from open windows they were told to close, I've seen so many people not listen to what they were told, and are worse off because of it who eventually confess that they should has listened
but why? why don't they just listen in the first place? is it a lack of maturity, of simply infllated egos?
surely, the main reason that humans are as well off a we are is because of our ability to pass on wisdom, and skills
and why?
let me know what you think, while i try to get off this high horse, I think this Nag has been taking cocaine

Because belief trumps intelligence.

Caporegime
People don't like being told what to do. Especially if they haven't asked

I got boomersplained to a few days ago about chicken keeping. I was buying some chicken feed and the guy just started saying all this stuff. I didn't ask. I've had chickens as long as I can remember

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom