people are stupid, and they don't listen, but why?

Associate

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”​

― Isaac Asimov

Soldato
To my understanding, people will forge their own path and it's all down to consequence.

Look at driving. The rules are laid out. Drivers die daily through breaking rules or misjudging a situation, something we've all been told to pay more attention to by someone more experienced than us.

Driver aids then come into play to support us, speed limits, sensors, new speed sign reading technology, but I'm sure we all think that we're brilliant drivers and everyone else is in the wrong.

Don't get me started on vapes, tattoos, Crocs with socks, helium balloons because I know no one would listen to my opinions. And be careful as a parent, as any life lessons you give to your children, they might rebel and not listen.

Soldato
my issue is the temps i have to work with some great but the vast majority incapable of just really basic tasks ,just staying awake and actually turning up is a major challenge ,we have a graduate who cant put a sticker on a box, when he does its on top instead of side or upside-down ,they are so incredibly stupid they just cause more more work

Soldato
I have, but I also have a broad yorkshire accent, so I can have some problems being understood by electronic devices, so it's a ballache trying to speak the queen's, or is it the king's english now?

Probs not windows but I'm pretty sure of them them 'learn' your accent which means it starts off rocky but then should be fine.

Soldato
my issue is the temps i have to work with some great but the vast majority incapable of just really basic tasks ,just staying awake and actually turning up is a major challenge ,we have a graduate who cant put a sticker on a box, when he does its on top instead of side or upside-down ,they are so incredibly stupid they just cause more more work
I think a lot of people are lazy and/or can't be bothered in work.

Caporegime
People don't like being told what to do. Especially if they haven't asked

I got boomersplained to a few days ago about chicken keeping. I was buying some chicken feed and the guy just started saying all this stuff. I didn't ask. I've had chickens as long as I can remember

This is a trait i cannot stand. There a lot of people that feel the need to explain everything to everyone all the time, or make out they know more than them about stuff.

I had a colleague at work years ago who i could not stand, because she was the most condescending **** ever. She ALWAYS immediately assumed everyone else didn't understand something or didn't know something even though she was the thick one.

I think it was a defence mechanism because she was hideous fat ugly ***** who looked uglier than female Shrek.

Associate
They might be intelligent and an expert, but doesn't mean they're right all the time. Or that they're being genuine in what they say. Agenda's, biases all come into play.

For example, most published research is wrong. Might be better since this video was done, but doubtful.

Soldato
Yes ofc, I'm a bit lazy with my one handed capitals, as it can be quite the stretch , and switching caps on to make one capital and then turning caps off, is just a recipie for shouting and having to mess with it all agai, when I could use both hands, and had a full brain, things were a bit different, honest!
Please listen when I tell you, you do not need a space before a common. Your spelling is terrible too. What is your IQ?

Associate
Rishi keeps saying the same thing - Boris, Truss and him are all the best and brightest. If only people would get it through their thick heads that meritocracy works.

Associate
I have a friend who constantly does the opposite to the advice he asks for. And he asks so many people including his parents.

Then he goes off, does exactly what you told him not too and then gets ****** off about it.

Then a few weeks later, he will come back with the same issue (usually relationship related) you give him the same advice or in my case tell him to foxtrot Oscar and he does it again, the cycle repeats over and over. His dad is sick of him and they argue because of it, as he's sick of constantly getting asked for advice and doing the opposite. My friend gets annoyed and they end up falling out.

Said friends parents are very rich and he is quite entitled. He thinks he can do a lot of things well and he can't. He can't make his own decisions for anything. Hes the sort of guy that needs advice on what way to wipe his arse.

Unfortunately, he will never learn and never have to struggle through life to actually get some proper learning experience.

I love him, but he is a great drain on me sometimes.

A huge amount of people are like this and I try and keep myself to myself these days. Not saying I'm perfect in anyway, but at least I learn from my mistakes.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Because they are not engineers :) and always tell them to jump.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom