people are stupid, and they don't listen, but why?

Soldato
OP
I love him, but he is a great drain on me sometimes.
My problem mainly is with my family, whether it is telling my sister that it is time to service her car after doing 100,000 miles in it because she lives in the country and her son goes to special school 90 miles away, then surprise, surprise her car blows up, luckily she had me to buy her a low miles small family car ( because I listened to myself and saved money, when I had money coming in,) while she got in debt with credit cards(which she was warned not to do)
or my son killing his house plant in the heatwave, even though I told him they will need more water during it, and him not listening
even my mum had a panic attack when she was using a new gas BBQ,, and had forgotton to put a jubilee clip on the end of a hose, then listening to my sister, son and nephew saying how dangerous it was and could explode, what a crock off s*it that was, I spent 5 seconds with it, put the hose back on with no clip and turned the BBQ knobs on to let some gas flow so there was no ppressure in the system to pop the hose off, then I say look it is safe now, and promptly lit it, mum is still scared after wat everyone else was still saying, so the BBQ was cancelled, what a waste of time, and money, if they had listened to me, then we would have had a nice BBQ that day,
oh well!!
I love them, but they can be so stupid with things, that I can plainly see needs doing, or how to do something,

oh no? word salad? my working bit of my brain is too tired now to sort that out, so you haters will just have to live with it, like I have to, poor grammar, bad spelling and crappy words can just p*ss off today, I don't care, bring it on!(if you're a real tw@ )

Soldato
How would you rate someones IQ? Just from a first interaction of course.
Poor spelling? Poor grammar? Poor punctuation?

Don't listen to me though, I'm stupid.:D
People who care so much about grammar are worrying. It’s a man made construct with a bunch of rules we made, the fact you picked out the errors means you knew the word he meant to use. Language is a means of communication, you understood the communication, despite the grammar mistakes. Picking on grammar mistakes is like getting angry at people putting their elbows on the table. It’s snobbery and it’s just getting upset at etiquette.

Also the implication that IQ is tied to spelling mistakes is a bit silly as it implies those with dyslexia have a lower IQ than those who don’t. It’s nonsense.

I actually think it’s the ones who get their knickers in a twist and insinuate they can’t understand the message if it has a few spelling mistakes to be the ones who are low IQ. It’s really not hard to work it out :cry:.

Last edited:
Associate
People who care so much about grammar are worrying. It’s a man made construct with a bunch of rules we made, the fact you picked out the errors means you knew the word he meant to use. Language is a means of communication, you understood the communication, despite the grammar mistakes. Picking on grammar mistakes is like getting angry at people putting their elbows on the table. It’s snobbery and it’s just getting upset at etiquette.

Also the implication that IQ is tied to spelling mistakes is a bit silly as it implies those with dyslexia have a lower IQ than those who don’t. It’s nonsense.

I actually think it’s the ones who get their knickers in a twist and insinuate they can’t understand the message if it has a few spelling mistakes to be the ones who are low IQ. It’s really not hard to work it out :cry:.
When the question is about IQ and the spelling and grammar is non-existent, it's a bit of an oxymoron.

However, let's go with your post and let spelling and grammar go wild.
How would anyone under stand whats posted?

Now read my post again.
I asked a series of questions, yet you made an assumption that i got angry and rated people with dyslexia and having a lesser IQ.

Now let me ask you this.
If you received an application for a job you were hiring for, 1 was in the OP's grammar/spelling and 1 was at least spell/grammar checked, which one would you pick for an interview.

Soldato
When the question is about IQ and the spelling and grammar is non-existent, it's a bit of an oxymoron.

However, let's go with your post and let spelling and grammar go wild.
How would anyone under stand whats posted?

Now read my post again.
I asked a series of questions, yet you made an assumption that i got angry and rated people with dyslexia and having a lesser IQ.

Now let me ask you this.
If you received an application for a job you were hiring for, 1 was in the OP's grammar/spelling and 1 was at least spell/grammar checked, which one would you pick for an interview.

Did you mean to put a question mark at the end of your question?

*goads*

Soldato
OP
Oh, come on, this is a moot point, I'm posting on a friendly forum, that does not issue bans for poor grammar/spelling
do we need bloody 5 star references to post here now?
I do check my spelling and grammar
I'm just not very good at it because, reasons.
Why are you being a bumhole anyway? did someone touch you in your no no square?
anyway, if we both applied for the same job of being a d1ck
I'm sure you would get the job, no worries.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh, come on, this is a moot point, I'm posting on a friendly forum, that does not issue bans for poor grammar/spelling
do we need bloody 5 star references to post here now?
I do check my spelling and grammar
I'm just not very good at it because, reasons.
Why are you being a bumhole anyway? did someone touch you in your no no square?
anyway, if we both applied for the same job of being a d1ck
I'm sure you would get the job, no worries.
Personal insults, a prerequisite for the IQ leaderboard?

Soldato
OP
OP wees sitting down!

:eek:
I literally have to, the left side of my body doesn't work, so I have to use a stand aid(a ross return), which my mum/carer holds for me, then I can sit on the commode after being wheeled to it.
do you just wee your pants while playing a game that you're sweating on ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom