People at the Gym :/

Soldato
Went yesterday and counted 15 blokes on free weights and nearly every dumbbell was on the floor, a personal trainer what works there, just chatting to some bloke not interested, I nearly tripped over a dumbbell taking my dumbbells I got back to the rack, disgusting.

I mean the rack is about 4 feet from the benches. How can you go to a gym exercise and be to lazy to put the weights back. I told one of the girls on the reception it needs tidying up and she just ignored me. 2 more months and can I stop my DD.

Which gym is that?

Permabanned
Which gym is that?

DW Gym in Wigan, its has everything I want and is only 4 miles from my house but some days the weights section is just ridiculous, especially if its groups of lads, I go in on my own (foreveralone) get my workout done, put my weights back/kit and get out, people go in to have a chin wag and show off, ffs.

Associate
Went yesterday and counted 15 blokes on free weights and nearly every dumbbell was on the floor, a personal trainer what works there, just chatting to some bloke not interested, I nearly tripped over a dumbbell taking my dumbbells I got back to the rack, disgusting.

That annoys the hell out of me too. Its not just the young lads either, some of the blokes in there should know better by now. It really puts the women and 'smaller' guys off the free weights even though they go from 2kg up to 100kg+.

I had one guy ask me while I was doing a set if he can have the weight after me, this was mid press :) Tool!!!!

Caporegime
DW Gym in Wigan, its has everything I want and is only 4 miles from my house but some days the weights section is just ridiculous, especially if its groups of lads, I go in on my own (foreveralone) get my workout done, put my weights back/kit and get out, people go in to have a chin wag and show off, ffs.
Try not to let it bother you, easier said than done I know, but I enjoy going to the gym at random times and just getting on with my own workout.

Soldato

I'm the same, but I go Virgin Active - I may change seeing as I'm moving to a new area though. I imagine it's the same no matter which gym you frequent.

Soldato

I mean the rack is about 4 feet from the benches. How can you go to a gym exercise and be to lazy to put the weights back. I told one of the girls on the reception it needs tidying up and she just ignored me. 2 more months and can I stop my DD.

Because you're obviously too super pumped/tired from your 2 set, 20 rep, 8kg dumbbell bicep curls to be able to carry the weights back to the rack. Duh. ;)

Soldato
I was in on my pulling day and as usual a couple of pussies are doing their 2 hours of bench press on the cage. There’s about 8 other ways of doing bench press in my gym, but cretins like this are always attracted to the cage, as they see it as the manliest machine.

Anyway, I’m having to do some powercleans with the 5ft bar while waiting for these hairdressers to finish, when I notice that they haven’t done anything for about 10 mins - they’re just sitting on the bench, in silence, both just dicking around with their phones. I stroll over and ask if they’re going to be much longer, when one replies [I paraphrase]:

“Yeah, we still have incline bench, decline bench, sideways bench, reverse incline bench, inclined decline bench, concentration bench, narrow bench, wide bench, sideways inverse bench, reverse inverse bench, reverse concentration inverse decline bench” etc.

I just wanted to punch these 2 beta cupcakes in the face.

Soldato
Swimming - gym changing rooms - naked men

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think this pretty much sums it up....

But I'll take the one example,
Guy gets out of pool, walks through the door to the male changing room, over to the trunk drying machine (about 1m from the door) and strips off... Whilst drying trunks he's drying his upper half with a towel failing to cover anything... Walks over to the showers (with doors) and showers stark naked with the door open.... Finishes shower walks through the changing room completely stark naked and then dries himself without attempting to cover anything... Pretty sure he made sure that his boxers were basically the LAST thing he put on!

kd

Caporegime
Swimming - gym changing rooms - naked men

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think this pretty much sums it up....

But I'll take the one example,
Guy gets out of pool, walks through the door to the male changing room, over to the trunk drying machine (about 1m from the door) and strips off... Whilst drying trunks he's drying his upper half with a towel failing to cover anything... Walks over to the showers (with doors) and showers stark naked with the door open.... Finishes shower walks through the changing room completely stark naked and then dries himself without attempting to cover anything... Pretty sure he made sure that his boxers were basically the LAST thing he put on!

kd

unless your uncomfortable with your sexuality (deeming by the way you were staring at this guy's penis for an hour) i dont think their is anything wrong on his part.

Caporegime
So he is gay for thinking that the man is being a little bit indecent?

i think your reading into what i said a little too much ;)

personally in those situations, i tend to not directly stare at the guy's penis for an hour, thinking about why he isn't covering himself up. i either look the other way, or get on with what i am doing.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Because you're obviously too super pumped/tired from your 2 set, 20 rep, 8kg dumbbell bicep curls to be able to carry the weights back to the rack. Duh. ;)

Up to 20kg now so jog on :p

I always put my weights back, its just courteous, I always tidy up after myself, the gym has massive 3 foot high posters up telling people to put weights back.

Its just that 2 lads had the 16kg and 18 kg dumbells at their feet, they were sharing a bench so they could only use one at a time, so I just asked them which are they using and took the one they weren't, like a boss.

I wouldn't just nick something without asking, we are all paying to use the gym facilities, just does my nut in when people think they own the place.

If Dave Whelan walked in them I would be stumped :D Never seen him use a DW one but seen him in a country club gym he owns near his house about 4 years ago.

Caporegime

I always put my weights back, its just courteous, I always tidy up after myself, the gym has massive 3 foot high posters up telling people to put weights back.

Its just that 2 lads had the 16kg and 18 kg dumbells at their feet, they were sharing a bench so they could only use one at a time, so I just asked them which are they using and took the one they weren't, like a boss.

I wouldn't just nick something without asking, we are all paying to use the gym facilities, just does my nut in when people think they own the place.

If Dave Whelan walked in them I would be stumped :D Never seen him use a DW one but seen him in a country club gym he owns near his house about 4 years ago.

some people do drop sets. like do as many as you can with the 18kg, then drop to 16kg and do as many as you can. so it depends on the situation. i do agree on the whole you should put everything back in it's rightful place after you are done with it. and not hog equipment you are not using. unless of course you own all the equipment.

Permabanned
some people do drop sets. like do as many as you can with the 18kg, then drop to 16kg and do as many as you can. so it depends on the situation. i do agree on the whole you should put everything back in it's rightful place after you are done with it. and not hog equipment you are not using. unless of course you own all the equipment.

I was was using the different 16kg, they have two lots of dumbbells and I could see they were not doing drop sets, they were slow and chatting quite a bit and I couldn't find the other 18kg so I just asked them. I was finished with them in 6 minutes.

Soldato

Hahaha, not aimed at you at all mate - I was talking about the 'ripped' numpties who leave weights laying around ;) And you beat me - I'm only using 14kg for curls, saving heavier stuff for rows and tris and concentrating on form with curls, as I find I end up cheating if I go up in weight too fast.

Soldato
i think your reading into what i said a little too much ;)

personally in those situations, i tend to not directly stare at the guy's penis for an hour, thinking about why he isn't covering himself up. i either look the other way, or get on with what i am doing.

I wasn't really going out of the way to stare at anything.. It just happens that I got out of the pool just after him, so was kind of stuck doing everything at approximately the same time... Most of it I got a [sarcasm]lovely[/sarcasm] view of him from behind.. Whilst I was trying to overt my eyes, you can't really help but notice...

Nah I do actually wear a towel when walking around. I just don't care about being naked when I'm getting dry/changed.:)

Even FF walks around with a towel on! :p And as for not caring when drying/changing, in many ways that's actually ok so long as you're keeping yourself to yourself and not frollicking everywhere... xD

kd

Back
Top Bottom