• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

People who got GPUs, how did you do it?

Soldato
I opted to buy a new PC from OCUK and got a Gigabyte 3070 from build stock. My old machine has been hitting it's limits more and more lately so a full upgrade was in order anyway, but I know that's not feasible for everyone.

Soldato
Do what my mate did, walked into a pc shop last month and got a 6800xt for £750 off the shelf amongst a pile of other latest gpu's! Mind you, it was in hong kong ;)

Associate
Discord channel then practically never leaving my PC for 3 days straight (for a 3080FE). (In the end , on the big day, if my wife had asked to go shopping 30 min I would have missed it,)

Soldato
I paid over the odds for a 2nd hand RX 560 (I paid £130 2 months ago), it's not the card I want but it good enough for now and I can most games out there well enough. Even though I wasn't paying what I did it's better then paying £700-£1000+ for any of the new stuff. I'm expecting prices to come down over the next 12-18 months and return to some form of normality at which point if my 560 is only worth £50/£60 i've lost £70 which is easier to swallow then £500+.

Associate
The search for a new GPU continues but until then I will continue chugging along with my RTX 2060. I find the alerts on telegram etc are always gone when I click the links.

Associate
The search for a new GPU continues but until then I will continue chugging along with my RTX 2060. I find the alerts on telegram etc are always gone when I click the links.
I had the same issue, but if you wait then people who had ineligible purchases (people who have already bought or bag two items and choose best etc) do come back into stock. When I purchased mine it was a good 5 mins or so before I was able to even see the add to basket option, then I still had time to enter card details, log in to my account and pay.

Soldato
Thanks, signed up and waiting.
cheers, also jumped on the bandwagon.
Thank you kind sir. I now joint the 2,000 or so people trying to get lucky :p
OMG, thank you so much! Just joined it earlier today and managed to get a 3080 Ti ordered just now :D
Bank declined payment first, and made me wait 10 minutes, I was so afraid that was going to get me to lose out on it, but it went through. Should arrive tomorrow!

You're welcome :), Happy to hear it helped one of you so far to get a card and get out of this mess. Good luck to rest of you and well as you see now it can be done.

Soldato
My friend joined a Telegram drop group and gave me the details a week later on May 17th. May 26th a UK drop came at 1917 hours so I was home and could easily order it. I was actually in the middle of my Twitch stream when the drop came and dived straight on it with my viewers watching me do it. I even phoned my mate 5 minutes later to make sure he saw the drop and he ordered one too. We both got one.

Back
Top Bottom