#pergtrip - North Coast 500 + Isle of Skye and Cairngorms

Soldato
No pics of Eilean Donan?

The others have much better pics of it than myself and I'm slowly processing all of my pics, doing a day at a time and Eilean Donan was later on in the trip. I'll also try to write a bit of a summary for each day and post one proper update a day so mine will be a few days away.

Looks awesome. I'd love to do it in a Campervan of all things! Nice one guys :)

You're such a wrongun and shouldn't be allowed to visit Scotland if that's how you want to see it. :p

Caporegime
You're such a wrongun and shouldn't be allowed to visit Scotland if that's how you want to see it. :p

You repeatedly said yourself it was nice to slow down and take in the views. :p and Pete mentioned he was jelly of the campervans :p

Having to dispose of your own excrement once the bucket thing is full sounds like right fun Jacob :p

Campervanned for a month in NZ. Our van didn't have a toilet. No displaying or disposing needed!

Looks like an amazing trip for any vehicle tbqfh!

Soldato
I would absolutely love to do this however assume it cost a fair amount of money all in?

About how much did you all end up spending on everything? Fuel wouldn't be an issue at all in my boring A3 TDI however it'd be a great getaway for a few days.

Caporegime
I did £225 in fuel from London but I averaged about 35mpg. The others fared a little worse. Accommodation is about £80-100 a night for a B&B. Having 5 people helped with splitting the cost but made finding places that could take all of us a pain.

Soldato
To be fair I'd love to take a car and a tent. Taking the star pictures at midnight was fantastic. Would love to stay out there.

That's all I did, cost about £8 per night

The only benefits are that you're not stuck to a timetable and it's cheap

Other than that it's a pain setting up and down each day and the amount of midges :/

I stopped at Sango Sands at Durness one night and it was a clear sky, I could see so many stars

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks epic, I fancy doing it at some point!

I've only been up the west coast as far as Fort William but I've exhausted myself on the the 3 routes I can take to Oban.

Just tonight I've been up and back which gets tiring even with the cracking scenery.

Me and what I can only assume was a local made some good progress on the twisty bits as I know them that well.

Associate
Looks like you had an awesome time.
Have been considering this for a couple of years and will take the plunge next year i think.

Did you guys literally wing the accomodation, book in advance or arrange en route?
Is there anything you'd do differently if/when you do it again?

Back
Top Bottom