PES 2010 demo releasing tomorrow

Soldato
I'm a big pes fan, that all changed as we all know with the past 3 years and fifa being good

So I'm just loading it up now, will be interesting..

first thing

Menus are good (not great) and I have the Kaiser Chiefs on in the background, better than previous years

Last edited:
Soldato
Menus are terrible, as are the sounds but I definately prefer the arcady feel of it over FIFA. I'lll probably buy both games but PES has the better gameplay this year imo.

There seems to be some decent songs this year though.

Last edited:
Soldato
hmmm, the gameplay is actually more fun than fifa

I feel this is more arcade than sim

Quite liked it, the main problem is, the players feel like the Titanic

Everything is laboured, they are slow to move, to shoot (which drives me up the wall) and there's no decent tricks :(

The slowness of the players ruins it for me, the graphics are good though, better than fifa's imo, but in a different way.

Penalties suck, I missed because the camera angle is the same as the standard gameplay, i.e side on, which means you struggle to judge whats going where etc

Maybe will consider buying it, as weirdly, fifa's better, but I've got more fun out of this, that said, the AI SUCKS, I hammered it on top player, whereas I get mauled by fifa. However I will only play this online, so it's off to fifa for me, then wait and hear if the netcode is fixed on PES

Associate
PES always had the better gameplay over FIFA, and what i noticed last year was that the players move a lot smoother in FIFA than in PES, I guess it looks like that has not changed :(

I really enjoyed the FIFA demo TBH, but I still think I will end up on this more, unless it turns out to be just a clone of last years game but with updated menus!

C64

C64

Soldato
I've been playing this for the past 1hr and can say im buying this instead of fifa ;)

wait and see what the final game is like first especially the online is my advice
I gave them a chance after pes2008 and bought pes2009 both had unplayable online so this time I am waiting until I know 100% the online is good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Positives

Tatics
Player models
Pitch texture very nice
Much slower pace to game

Negatives

Same old running animations just looks wrong how many years does it take to correct. ?

Player movement rigid and stiff people moaned about Fifa 08 responsiveness now PES has very poor movement takes big delay to turn how want.

Passing now has delay that is very noticeable.

Not for me for another year Fifa wins by a long way such a shame that PES cant get back to how it once was.

C64

C64

Soldato
To be fair pes has always been a slower paced thoughtful game where you have to actually play well and pass well to create openings unlike fifa which has cheesy score every time moves.

Soldato
wait and see what the final game is like first especially the online is my advice
I gave them a chance after pes2008 and bought pes2009 both had unplayable online so this time I am waiting until I know 100% the online is good.

I'm not interested in online play really unless im playing something like COD.

I'm also not fussed about what players look like, movement and whatnot. PES demo gave me MUCH more fun than FIFA. :)

I'm not really a hardcore gamer anymore. I like games where i can just pick up and have some fun with for an hour. PES is that, FIFA aint.

Associate
To be fair pes has always been a slower paced thoughtful game where you have to actually play well and pass well to create openings unlike fifa which has cheesy score every time moves.

I'm not sure how that is being fair. The last 2 PES games have been much faster paced than FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom