PES 2010 demo releasing tomorrow

Associate
Just played this.

There really is a massive delay from pressing pass/shoot/cross to it actually happening. The game feels like its being played in slow motion and the graphics are truely terrible. I literally checked the display settings on my 360 to make sure i had it running in 1080p.

Caporegime
NOoooooOOooooOOoooooOOooo

why did they have to do this, we kind of accepted that 2008 on ps3 was lame, they said they were still transitioning to a major upgrade to max out these next gen consoles...

yet if this one fails, i will cry. i have been playing PES/WE since 2001~ whilst some of my mates have been toiling on FIFA...i bought 08 because, you know, its the latest one (or was)...i havent played it in months, many months when PES used to be one of my most played games:(

Soldato
10 seconds into my first game on the demo showed up how much Konami have lost the plot with this series, it just hasn't progressed where it really matters.

I played Winning Eleven exclusively for like 5-6 yrs straight but Fifa09/10 are where it's at right now, PES is pure pish.

It is a real shame but it's reality, apart from the non gaming types who like a quick game of footy after their 8 pints at the local i can't understand anybody preferring this over Fifa10.

Associate
Just played it also.

Utter crap.

Series is at a complete stand still, feels like it hasnt progressed at all. Konami really had to up their game vs FIFA this year, and if this is what they have to offer then they have failed completely.

Maybe im being overly harsh or biased, but its barely even a competiton between the 2 franchises this time round...

Soldato
I'm sure i'll end up playing this a hell of a lot more than Fifa, my friends are fairly die-hard Pro Evo nuts, they will happily try Fifa but when it doesn't feel like Pro Evo they get bored and go back. I'll just play it because everyone comes round mine anyway and I don't like football so either game is nearly the same to me lol :p

Soldato
This is very arcadey compared to fifa. Players turn and move slower, pass slower if you dont pass first time (all mentioned before I see). Its a good arcade game and a bit different to fifa but I dont see footy fans coming back to this franchise. It's fun to score a screamer from outside the box but it just feels a bit dated now. The graphics seemed alright to me but the game play hasnt progeressed even nearly enough. If it became cheap I might get it but I'll stick to my fifa pre-order methinks.

Shame really as I used to love PES. :(

Last edited:
Associate
RIP PES!

Its the same as last year sadly, although they improved the player likeness (great).

The keepers still parry most of the shots away for easy tap ins, also the players run like a snail through treacle too.

Long live FIFA its seems

Back
Top Bottom