Petrol tanker drivers to go on strike

Can't type for toffee
Don
Filled up at Asda again from half a tank to full.
No real massive queues just as busy as normal.

I normally only brim the tank from empty when it's needed but if the local places run out then I cant get to work.

Soldato
I JUST REALISED. I don't know if anyone has thought of this, but...

if you were in Government and found you needed to raise some revenue quickly, how better than to engineer a panic buy of the most heavily taxed commodity available?

£££££££

When does the treasury actually get the money though?

Soldato
I JUST REALISED. I don't know if anyone has thought of this, but...

if you were in Government and found you needed to raise some revenue quickly, how better than to engineer a panic buy of the most heavily taxed commodity available?

£££££££

They're just bringing forward people's purchases, not creating new ones :confused:

Soldato
And with the recent fuel tank drilling's I'm sure the gangs will be loving it. What a bloody mess the government have made.

I can't see that because people would have bought fuel anyway when they were running low. Most people have just filled their cars earlier than they would have but the government has caused a load of unnecessary chaos.

Erm, it was the unite union who voted for a strike, and it was the media who reported on it...

Soldato
The panic buying will lift 1st quarter GDP a touch - possibly enough to stave off the UK going back in recession on the back of 2 quarters negative.

This being engineered/half engineered is not as completely ludicrous as it sounds.

Soldato
The panic buying will lift 1st quarter GDP a touch - possibly enough to stave off the UK going back in recession on the back of 2 quarters negative.

This being engineered/half engineered is not as completely ludicrous as it sounds.

Good call would love a leaked memo on that.

Man of Honour
People complaining about the "morons panic buying" when getting fuel themselves. How come everyone else is a moron?!

Presumably:

a) Those buying fuel with the same pattern as usual = not morons
b) Those rushing out to buy fuel randomly = morons

The two people in front of me today both put less than £20 in...

Man of Honour
I've had to fill up 3 times in 24 hours - had a hire car all week for work that needed fuelling yesterday and then filling again before I returned it, and the 205 has been sat empty outside the house all week too.

I have non-panic bought £150 of fuel in the space of a day :o

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;21585488 said:
Some of them must be or there wouldn't be such huge queues!

The queues are as much of a result of only one station having fuel left now.

People all have to go to the only one with fuel rather than one of 8 in the area for example

Back
Top Bottom