** PHANTEKS ENTHOO PRIMO - THE ULTIMATE WATERCOOLING CHASSIS **

I haz 4090!
Don
Is this still generally regarded as the best watercooling case out there? I'm tempted by one but I'm just mindful it's getting a bit old now. Anything newer out that's similar?

Soldato
Anyone got an AIO, specifically an Artic Freezer 240 AIO in this case and have it mounted at the front? if not does anyone have a front mounted 240 AIO on this case? wondering if the tubes are long enough on most AIO to reach that far.

Associate
The tube lengths are 326mm for that AIO, that isn't even long enough to get as the crow flies to the CPU socket, you would need a much longer tube length as the 240 mount is low in the case at the front, and you would have to get the tubes up and around your GPU also.

Soldato
The tube lengths are 326mm for that AIO, that isn't even long enough to get as the crow flies to the CPU socket, you would need a much longer tube length as the 240 mount is low in the case at the front, and you would have to get the tubes up and around your GPU also.

Cheers :)

Will have to mount it at the top then or maybe it's time to go full custom

Associate
hello! could i ask for a recommendation for an aio? ive had to rule out the quality ek pradator as im using a mother board that is 2011 v3.
rgb lighting is not a need/
position would be at top/ would i be able to get the arctic freezer 240 in there with push pull? i think its 3.6 inches depth top to bottom!
asrock x99 ws e
intel 6950x
32gb dominator 2800
intel 750 series 400gb pcie nvme gen 3 x4
palit 1080
superflower leadex 1000w

look forward to hearing your suggestions, and ty for past info like latch diagrams for latch dilemmas, all helpful as i try this build

Soldato
How can I replace the front fan cover holding clips ?
I was not sent the clips but the full front plastic with clips already installed, I would have to changed the full front which i dont mind but the problem is it has no door or any aluminium covering on the plastic

Can anyone help,

also I want to lift the case off the ground a bit more, the rubber feet dont do much and some have come off moving the case.

Soldato
Do you mean the part in the case that the push to unlatch / push to latch part of clips like on top vent?
I don't understand. The clip-on part of Enthoo Primo is from below door to bottom of case .. unless you are talking about the whole front clip on cover.

I made open center castor base for mine .. actually made a bunch of them by don't have a shop at present time. I used a 10mm solid birch plywood (7x plys) for 38mm wide frame and threaded castor studs with 30mm twin wheel castors. Open center give much better airflow to bottom of case.

Soldato
If I remember correctly all the components on front cover can be removed with screwdriver and put on new front panel / cover. My Primo is all boxed up to sell .. and has been for over a year. Just too big to fit in my enviroment. :(

Soldato
If I remember correctly all the components on front cover can be removed with screwdriver and put on new front panel / cover. My Primo is all boxed up to sell .. and has been for over a year. Just too big to fit in my enviroment. :(
Thanks, Ill check and see if i can do it, also if you open shop let me know, Ive tried making a base but with only basic tools and knowledge it did not work out how i was hoping, The side and a few minor issues is the only reason I would sell mine, still one of the most feature rich cases.

Soldato
Drop me a Trust message every month or so for a base. As for making one I suggest a piece of about 5/8" plywood and 4x - 6x 40mm castors with metal plate that use 4x screws in them. Cut base to size so castors will be centered where the rubber feet are. Case as 3 feet on one side and 2 on other, so I used 6x casters for 3 on each side. Cut center out of that so it is like a picture frame the width of caster mounts. This way it not only makes moving case around much easier, it give bottom venting about 4 times as much airflow area.

Associate
Just ordered my 2nd Primo for my girlfriend's pc. Making a move from i2500k to a 4790k for a pittance and wanted a fresh start. The old Antec 1200 now contains more dust than tutankarmun's knicker drawer.
Red and black SE model this time. Wanted to go with blue but z97s are few and far between so had settled on a Gigabyte gaming 3.

Back
Top Bottom