** PHANTEKS ENTHOO PRIMO - THE ULTIMATE WATERCOOLING CHASSIS **

Soldato
I've had this case from release apart from a few issues its not too bad but what I cant understand, why does the door open on the right, power button on the right (I keep turning it off by accident) but the window is on the left, to make best use of these 2 areas you need to put the case on the left, also this case is so heavy compared to others cases why did they not consider wheels or something. ive tried to move it twice, each time pulling off all the attached bit by mistake

Caporegime
Had mine a while now too. No issues with the power button or the door. And i use a fan controller behind the door. The weight is a concern though as id like to put the case on my desk. But it's too heavy for it.

Soldato
Had mine a while now too. No issues with the power button or the door. And i use a fan controller behind the door. The weight is a concern though as id like to put the case on my desk. But it's too heavy for it.

I always bump into the button, its nee height, so moving around the desk I need to be careful, as for the door I need to move to open It and add and remove discs but its rare so not a major issue

I have the same issue I have a glass desk and its not as wide as the primo, I would worry too much if I put it on the desk but a case this high is ok on the floor.

I dont know if this is normal but it does get clogged up with dust, and needs a good clean every few weeks.

Caporegime
My desk is deep enough to set the case on, but the sheer weight of the case would be too much for it unless i get a set of drawers to slide below the desk, (handy storage too). As it is, the case sits very close to the underside of the desk making it hard to use the usb ports, and my aio radiator doesnt have much room to vent out.

Soldato
Anyone come from TJ07 to this case? I have been eyeing this case up for years but I have been happy with my current case so never made the move.

The only real reason to try this out would be the extra rad space as I fancy messing a bit with my loop and adding another rad, either triple or quad.

Edit: Nvm ordered it anyway. :)

Last edited:
Associate
must say from buying the smaller brother enthoo pro i'm well impressed with it so i can only imagine what this would be like for watercooling so this might be my new case once i decide on watercooling for a next build

Soldato
Enthoo Pro is a very good mid-size case. I have Enthoo Primo and Luxe and Mini XL DS and Evolv and am hoping to have Elipse P400 soon. :D
But I'm not using the Primo .. too big for my needs, :) and not using Mini XL .. too big for mATX and I don't need dual system case. :rolleyes: Maybe I need to sell some cases. :o

Gotta love X-mass smileys :D

Associate
IMG_20160709_205854.jpg

IMG_20160713_071613.jpg

Soldato
Got my black/white primo yesterday and it looks the par. Just one small scratch inside the psu compartment but not enough to even consider an rma, psu will hide it.
Going to replace my old tj07 that has been one of the biggest disappointments ever. The inside is totally outclassed by the primo but its not as beautiful.

Associate
No 'Power On' Light

Hi folks

I hope you don't mind me asking this in this thread but I'm wondering if I've missed the bleepin' obvious or whether my case is faulty.

I've got a white Enthoo Primo and I'm using an ASUS X99 DELUXE II motherboard so I've used the Q-Connect thing to connect the PLED+ and PLED- cables onto the motherboard. The Q-Connect has two PLED connection points (on one side the + and - are next to each other and on the other side they're spaced apart by a blank space). I've tried the cables in both connection points but there's no power light and no white strip-light that runs the length of the case at the top. Should I be doing something else perhaps? I hope you can help or offer me some advice.

Thanks!

Associate
Hi folks

I hope you don't mind me asking this in this thread but I'm wondering if I've missed the bleepin' obvious or whether my case is faulty.

I've got a white Enthoo Primo and I'm using an ASUS X99 DELUXE II motherboard so I've used the Q-Connect thing to connect the PLED+ and PLED- cables onto the motherboard. The Q-Connect has two PLED connection points (on one side the + and - are next to each other and on the other side they're spaced apart by a blank space). I've tried the cables in both connection points but there's no power light and no white strip-light that runs the length of the case at the top. Should I be doing something else perhaps? I hope you can help or offer me some advice.

Thanks!

I was under the impression that the strip is powered direct and can be turned off and on by the button on the top, infront of the reset button. Try making sure that button hasn't beeen accidently pressed?

Soldato
Hi folks

Thanks!
What MorleySA said.

I powered my Primo LEDs from PSU, not motherboard. I do not think the Primo's LEDS are designed to be powered/controlled by motherboard.

Associate
Sorry for wasting everyone's time on this as it was just a case of not having connected the 'power' 12volt cable to a SATA connection from the PSU. I could've sworn I'd already tried this but perhaps I forgot to press the LED button afterwards! Doh!! :rolleyes:

Soldato
What is the Best way to clean this case inside and out?

I'm looking for ideas on how mod and customize my case, any image links on what others have done beyond the basic LEDs ?

Soldato
Can Phanteks Multicolor Magnetic RGB LED Strip used to replace the blue LED stip ?
if so how would i be able to select the colour ?

Back
Top Bottom