Philips 20" 200W6CS Widescreen TFT LCD

Caporegime
Anyone seen one of these in action?

The spec looks fab, and only £340 inc VAT on the net.

But does anyone know what panel it uses and if OCUK going to stock it?

----------------------------------

LCD panel type 1680 x 1050 pixels, Anti glare polariser, RGB vertical stripe
Panel size 20.1" / 51 cm
Effective viewing area 433.4 x 270.9 mm
Pixel Pitch 0.258 x 0.258 mm
Brightness (nits) 300 nit
Contrast ratio (typical) 800:1
Display colours 16.7 M
Viewing angle - C/R > 10
Viewing Angle (Horizontal) 176 degree
Viewing angle (Vertical) 176 degree
Response time (typical) Eight (black to black) ms
White Chromaticity, 6500K x = 0.313 / y = 0.329
White Chromaticity, 9300K x = 0.283 / y = 0.297
Maximum resolution 1680 x 1050 @ 75Hz
Recommended resolution 1680 x 1050 @ 60Hz
Factory preset modes 15 modes
User definable modes 39 modes
Video dot rate 165 MHz
Horizontal scanning frequency 30 - 93 KHz
Vertical scanning frequency 56 - 85 Hz
sRGB Yes
Aspect ratio 16:10
Connectivity
Signal input Analogue (VGA), DVI-D, PC audio in
Audio output Stereo Audio (3.5 mm jack) 1x
USB USB 2.0
Video sync input signal Composite Sync, Separate sync, Sync on green
Convenience
Built-in audio 2W RMS x 2 stereo speakers
Convenience Enhancements On screen display, SmartManage enabled
Monitor controls Auto, Brightness control, Left / right, Menu (OK), Power on / off, Up / down, Volume control, Input, Size
OSD languages English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
Other Convenience Kensington lock compatible
Plug & Play compatibility DDC/CI, sRGB, Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
Regulatory approvals CE Mark, Energy Star, FCC-B, UL, CSA, SEMKO, TCO '03, TÜV/GS, TÜV Ergo
Swivel +/- 125°
Tilt -5° to 20°
VESA Mount 100 x 100 mm
Dimensions
Depth (with base) 235mm
Height (with base) 423.5mm
Width (with base) 478mm
Height Adjustment range 45mm
MTBF 50,000 hrs
Relative humidity 20% - 80%
Temperature range (Operation) 5° C to 35° C
Temperature range (Storage) -20°C to 60° C
Weight 7.6 kg

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

I found this

"Philips 200W6CS (widescreen) has a 20 inch 16 ms S-IPS (LG.Philips LM201W01) panel."

But your spec above states a 8ms response time, so I'm not sure.

edit : yeah I've confirmed the above on a number of sites now :) (the panel and 16ms response time)

Last edited by a moderator:

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Yeah order it up and give us a review :D .... I could be very easily convinced not to wait for the Viewsonic VX2025wm !

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Same :) ...but I'm not sure I could wait until April/May though :rolleyes:

edit : if anyone could explain why the official site says 8ms but other sources state 16ms I'd be very interested. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
This monitor is using the same panel with the Dell 2005FPW and the apple 20" and has good reviews. They all have 16ms response time and thats should be the correct spec (no idea why its stated as 8ms in the Philips site). I am not a serious gamer (so the response time should be fine) and I am really tempted to order it at £345 inc delivery. :)

Man of Honour
The Philips 200W6CS certainly always used to use the same 16ms S-IPS panel as the Dell 2005FPW, which is the LG.Philips LM201W01 panel. Makes sense since it's a Philips screen :) However, that spec looks very much like the AU Optronics 8ms P-MVA panel as already used in the Belinea 102035W. The viewing angles indicate a P-MVA as opposed to S-IPS since S-IPS are normally about 178/178. Also S-IPS panels do not use overdrive at the moment and so a G2G response time would not be quoted. It's possible Philips have updated / will soon be updating the panel used

i have had some comments sent to me through TFT central off the forum from someone who recently bought this screen (although the 16ms edition)

I received my Philips 200W6CS yesterday and am pretty happy with it so far,Having a widescreen does make quite a difference to me,The colours seem set more vibrant on this but apart from them being smaller there is really no real difference in the clarity of them compared to the Videoseven screen updated from.

I have tested the gaming performance and it is much improved on Freedom Force there is only alittle
loss of focus if you move the mouse from one side of the screen to another across buildings but it does not blur colours or blacks like before, with Prince of Persia WW it's much improved too,Before the Prince had a black afterglow around him now there is nothing I can see.

The monitor does have the much talked about Backlight bleeding issue as on the Dell monitors
(in all four corners when screen is diplaying black) Picture included,And I can that see the black is not true black this was more noticeable in Doom3 as when I first run this game I had set the monitor to Native resolution in the OSD and it left large black bars on the sides of the screen (you can set to fullscreen which stretches the screen which at 1280x024 looked quite playable if it weren't for me only having 512mb this game needs atleast 1GB to play smoothly I use to have 1GB installed but my new MB will only accept 2 of my 256mb DIMMs so new memory coming when i can )

It also has a one USB that is rather useful as did not have one there before! ,Tested it with my camera and had no problems, Also has a audio in and headphone socket both of these work well, The speakers on the monitor are louder than i thought they would be but of course cannot replace standalone speakers at all.

Overall pleased with this monitor is it well built that's for sure and i like how the stand is easy to adjust compared to my previous monitor so money well spent

All credit to Tim for this, hope you dont mind me relaying your info mate :) (if you read this!)

Here's a couple of pics he sent me too :

pict00256og.jpg

pict00324kg.jpg

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

That is the question !

It seems like I need to wait, be it for a Philips, Viewsonic or Dell screen :(

Man of Honour
tbh, i doubt they've even released a new version yet, even if they had one. I'll see if i can find any more info, but i'd be pretty certain that if you were to order one from anywhere it would be the 16ms S-IPS edition. It would seem against common sense for them to be moving away from a Philips panel to one from another supplier, but we will see....

Man of Honour
right, having a look round it is the 200W6CS/00 version which is listed as 8ms, 800:1 (possible P-MVA AUO panel). They also have the 200W6CS/05 which is the 16ms listed S-IPS varient. This seems to be the wrong way round since it would make more sense if the "05" represented 2005 for the newer panel, and "00" was for 2000 when they used the S-IPS panel (ALthough im not sure if it was that long ago, but certainly more like that time). But hey....so two versions, the "05" and "00" for the same model

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Thanks Baddass, I suspected it was something to do with that sub-code.
I'll try to find some release date and maybe moan to OcUK to possibly stock it :p

Man of Honour
ys, but remember they might well be going on the spec from the Philips site, might not actually mean they have the right version in stock. Be careful, but hopefully Philips have done the smart thing and made it obvious on the box or something which version it is. Will let you know when i get more clarification on the 8ms edition

Back
Top Bottom